... smoking brisket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good job parisha! Been a while since I smoked a brisket, I need to do that for a kicked back day soon.

I prefer a robust wood smoke for beef - mesquite, pecan, and oak are my go-to beef smoking woods in TX, shagbark hickory when I lived in the Great Lakes area. I like fruit woods especially wild cherry for pork though.

Beautiful brisket … I always try to follow the deuce and a quarter temp (or less if I'm going 12 hours) …
I could not cook them right until I got a temperature gauge and realized I was too hot …
Bigger rush last night so got these NYS at HEB … the chunk flaming on the coals is mesquite

4F4CD4B3-3F4B-43B3-9491-32D28DBDEBCB.jpeg

Can't go wrong with some stakes either!!!! I'm addicted to meats lol

Stakes are pretty tough. Splinters in the mouth, no thanks. I prefer a good steak.

Being from Texas, you should know the misspelling of steak is a capital offense.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Texas brisket is the finest food on the planet!! I cook mine super slow for two days. It comes out so juicy and tender that it literally falls to pieces. My fave part of the brisket are the coveted burnt ends. The best BBQ besides my own (which I admit theirs is better!!) I've ever had is Bodacious in Arlington,Tx. They cook theirs for two days as well.
I think the problem with most BBQ restraunts is they either cook it too fast or put too much unneeded seasonings on it,and it either comes out tough and dry,or all you taste is the powder seasoning garbage they covered it with. All you need is smoke,and maybe salt and pepper.

I think the place from the Morning News article I lost track of started cooking their meat on Monday, was only open Friday and Saturday, Sunday was for church and then back to start smoking again on Monday.
This was nearly 30 years ago and I am STILL kicking myself for losing that page....couldn't just go look it up on the interwebz back then!

Sonny Bryan's Smokehouse original on Inwood Rd is a hole in the wall outlet since 1910 and with an Auxiliary Hall on side is a good place too (closing time is stated with a note Earlier if we run out of meat) I like their brisket.

Oh my, I've just realized my mistake. My apologies and lesson learned (no sarcasm here at all). I guess I could use my no-texas origin but I won't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back