Fram sent me filters to review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fram sent me some Ultra Synthetic oil filters to review. Supposed to go 15k miles.

So far so good. Oils of the vehicles look really clean, much cleaner than with the same oil from the previous oil change.

I guess I can change the oil and keep the filters on there for three 5k intervals.

I used the Pennzoil synthetic for all of them, and it appears to be a really good combo.

After the oil changes, I paid close attention to the engine after cold starts in the morning. I would listen and watch the rpm meter. I was expecting that after 3k miles, the sound would get louder and rpm gauge would "dance" a bit like previous oil changes. However, it's still about the same. Of course, the sound is not the same as right after the oil change and the rpm meter does more bouncing, but it's still quite similar. Like, I can tell it's not new, but it's still pretty good. At first, the engines would be so so quiet. There's more noticeable noise these days, but not that far off. Other oil changes the rpm meter would bounce a good amount at cold starts after a few K miles. Not this time.

Can I attribute it to the oil or filter or both?

Black hole like trying to split quarterback and receiver stats to find out who is better?

Btw Randy Moss' career spanned several teams and several qb's, and this gave a good sample size to show his effect and actually give light into that black hole:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...n-the-greatest-receiver-of-all-time/amp/

I say both. The oil is holding up well, and the quality filters insure they keep holding up.

If they want, Fram should explore water filtration for human consumption. I can imagine orange products across much of the third world. It could even be done in a profitable way with a marketing scheme. Help out humanity and their bottom line at the same time.

5134B1C3-93EF-4ECC-A149-8F69D575F0E2.jpeg

Last edited:
Originally Posted by BossMoss
Fram sent me some Ultra Synthetic oil filters to review. Supposed to go 15k miles.

What prompted that to happen?

javascript:quickReply(4945608,1,0)
Originally Posted by ZeeOSix

What prompted that to happen?

Yes do tell.
wink.gif

Wow, free Ultra filters for review. New Fram marketing/promotion technique for the UltraXG? How do I get on the list for free Ultras sent to my house for review?

I have a feeling someone's leg is getting pulled here.
But maybe Fram selected BossMoss after reading his previous posts.

Originally Posted by Blkstanger
Those are all I run on my Jeep. I run them 2-3 OCIs with zero problems.

How long( miles wise) have you been doing this with the FU in your jeep.

Randy Moss rented off of me during his years here at Marshall. He and his roomate Jerald Long were very polite and quiet and i never had any problems out of them at all. Moss, with all the attention he drew in the secondary, made all the other receivers lives easier. In the red zone Pennington would send Moss to the deep corner and just play catch. If needed there would always be a tight end wide open somewhere just around him. It was a pick your poison situation.

As for oil and filter question. I dont see that any oil filter could really change the color of the oil, for the better, as the OP is suggesting if i understand the post.

I trekked across a land only accessible by the green tubes in Mario, and the howling winds presented a leaf before me. "How could this be?" I wondered. A single leaf sputtered before me, seemingly unaffected by the winds.

I instinctively unholstered my oil wrench, holding my right arm horizontal to the land, and in one motion, sliced the leaf in half, then resheathed the wrench. Many coupons for free oil filters poured out of the leaf. However, one particular one, forged from ancient trees from the outskirts of an Autozone parking lot, glowed like no other. As it seemingly took an eternity to fall to the ground, I reached for it. The snow decorated and complimented the glowing, which attracted my enemies.

As I gazed across the land, I attempted to grasp the glowing item. However, an arch rival also reached for it. Before I could make contact, he unsheathed his 99 cent store pliers to pluck it out of the air.

After reaching for my oil wrench, I swiped - not at the glowing treasure but at his pliers. Without making a sound, his pliers split in two, and one half started tumbling through the frosty air to the ground. His look of happiness quickly turned to agony.

Little did he know about my oil wrench.

Throughout the battle with the challenger, the glowing treasure was approaching the ground ever so slowly. The treasure was mine, all mine.

I trekked across a land only accessible by the green tubes in Mario, and the howling winds presented a leaf before me. "How could this be?" I wondered. A single leaf sputtered before me, seemingly unaffected by the winds.

I instinctively unholstered my oil wrench, holding my right arm horizontal to the land, and in one motion, sliced the leaf in half, then resheathed the wrench. Many coupons for free oil filters poured out of the leaf. However, one particular one, forged from ancient trees from the outskirts of an Autozone parking lot, glowed like no other. As it seemingly took an eternity to fall to the ground, I reached for it. The snow decorated and complimented the glowing, which attracted my enemies.

As I gazed across the land, I attempted to grasp the glowing item. However, an arch rival also reached for it. Before I could make contact, he unsheathed his 99 cent store pliers to pluck it out of the air.

After reaching for my oil wrench, I swiped - not at the glowing treasure but at his pliers. Without making a sound, his pliers split in two, and one half started tumbling through the frosty air to the ground. His look of happiness quickly turned to agony.

Throughout the battle with the challenger, the glowing treasure was approaching the ground ever so slowly. The treasure was mine, all mine.

I want whatever [censored] you're taking!

Originally Posted by tig1
Originally Posted by Blkstanger
Those are all I run on my Jeep. I run them 2-3 OCIs with zero problems.

How long( miles wise) have you been doing this with the FU in your jeep.

How long have I been doing this? The last 50k miles.

Originally Posted by deven

I want whatever [censored] you're taking!

LOL me too! But I think it is called a creative writing course. Seriously, I'm just trying to figure out how I can get free filters...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back