2013 Terrain 7.5k Unknown Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
This car has been burning oil like crazy only got 2qts out when we changed it. Took it to dealership (rather my room mate did) and they changed the oil — but didn't replace the oil they took out. Oil consumption is through the roof.

Last edited:
Yikes! That's a lot of metal!

PS - you realize your personal info is on the PDF, right?
Report it if you want the PDF removed.

Originally Posted by dnewton3

I google my name....my personal info is pretty much EVERYWHERE on the internet....name, address, age etc.. So what....

Ever see the Craigslist ad for a car with the license blotted out in the picture? Why? I drive everyday with my license exposed. I just don't understand the concern.

Last edited:
Those engines are know for oil consumption. Not sure if there are any recalls or tab's.

How does it drive after the oil change? Make sure you keep an eye on the oil level.

Is that the 3.6 or 2.4? If its the 3.6 there is a pcv mod you can do that helps oil consumption. I have the 2.4 in a equinox and it used alot of oil till i did a 2k run of mmo. Now ive gone 1k miles with no oil loss. It used to be half a qt to a qt every 1k

Originally Posted by dnewton3

This is the reason we need longer edit times on our posts. Start treating us like adults.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back