2019 Toyota Tundra Oil Filter Votes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are the stats: 2019 TRD Sport 4x4 in Cavalry Blue with the tried and true 5.7L motor and I have 200 miles on the clock. Toyota calls for 0W20, so it will get 8 quarts of Mobil 1 Extended Performance 0w20 for as long as our friends at Exxon make this formulation. May switch to 5W30 later in its life but that's for a different thread.

Where I'm scratching my head a bit is the oil filter selection. So many choices and I can purchase OEM filters for $5 each from the dealer I purchased the truck from. My plan like all my cars, pick an oil,filter and use the same combo forever. I like to build a plan and work the plan.

What are your recommendations?

Last edited:
Google up Conicelli auto parts. A 10 pack of OEM of filters for 35$ for the Fridge. They should give them away, the filter is a PITN to change without a lift. Hope your Tundra is easier.
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Georgiey22
@Zee09 - This is BITOG, I don't need no stinking free oil changes!

Ask them if they pay you to change your own oil changes on your truck. Just an idea.

The dealership I got my 2018 5.7 Tundra from offers free oil changes for life, but after the experience there I wouldn't trust them to fill the windshield washer fluid much less the oil. Got a good deal otherwise I would have ran away and never looked back.

Plus some of us its just easier to do it at home then wait around at the dealership picking our nose waiting on them. Plus it is therapy for me. Also I know it was done right, I waited long enough for all the oil to come out, know what oil and filter went in, and didn't F something up.

I am running the Fram Ultra filter. They can be hard to find. Bought what was left from Rock Auto at a good price.

Running Pennzoil Ultra 5W30. The 5.7 purrs like a kitten on it. Stocked up when Walmart had it on sale for 19.97 5 quart jug. Better oil pressure than factory toyota oil than drained out like water. Co worker runs 10w30 in his with good results also. This is southeast Texas. Up north I would run something different. A stout 5w20 maybe. 5w30 if you tow.
I am old school and just not comfortable with the water thin 0w20 oils, especially since some manufactures are having to back off a bit to a heavier grade.

I hear ya on someone else working on vehicles. Years ago, I had a free full service car wash from Mister Car wash which included the oil change. I thought, free is good. I took my, then, 2005 Tundra in for that. Long story short. They jammed the oil plug, stripped all the threads. I had to re-tabbed the oil pan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back