My plan for thr day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished changing the engine oil and transmission ATF in the 2007 Ford Fusion. I also turkey basted the PS pump and the master cyl. brake fluid.

DSCF3116.JPG

NICE! I hope you were able to do this in a heated garage. I have to work outdoors with my vehicles and it about 23*F here
cry.gif
. I try to time all my fluid changes in the more "temperate" temps so I can do them. Unfortunately nature doesn't always cooperate, especially in the late fall/early winter around here
frown.gif

Whimsey

Originally Posted by dogememe
Looks good! Here's to 300K!

That's my goal.

Originally Posted by Whimsey
NICE! I hope you were able to do this in a heated garage. I have to work outdoors with my vehicles and it about 23*F here
cry.gif
. I try to time all my fluid changes in the more "temperate" temps so I can do them. Unfortunately nature doesn't always cooperate, especially in the late fall/early winter around here
frown.gif

Whimsey

It was 29 this morning. I do have a propane heater that attaches to tank, and it works well.

NICE! I hope you were able to do this in a heated garage.

Conversely, I am thankful I can finally slide under my truck without getting burns from driveway concrete. You can literally fry eggs on the pavement here most of the year.

Too cold for me outside to work on anything more than minimum.

So for your 2007 Ford Focus Amsoil lists their "Fuel Efficient" ATF rather than their regular multi vehicle ATF. That is typical for Ford ATs I have seen. I have a case waiting to go into my pickup.

I am not sure about the Mobil 1 ATF you used. Maybe it covers a wider range than Amsoil multi vehicle ATF.

Originally Posted by Donald

So for your 2007 Ford Focus Amsoil lists their "Fuel Efficient" ATF rather than their regular multi vehicle ATF. That is typical for Ford ATs I have seen. I have a case waiting to go into my pickup.

I am not sure about the Mobil 1 ATF you used. Maybe it covers a wider range than Amsoil multi vehicle ATF.

Actually the 07 Fusion calls for FNR-5 ATF which M1 ATF does not have that spec. I use it anyway and have for the last 200K. This trans upshifts and downshifts very well.

Originally Posted by tig1

Actually the 07 Fusion calls for FNR-5 ATF which M1 ATF does not have that spec. I use it anyway and have for the last 200K. This trans upshifts and downshifts very well.

Per Ford, FNR5 fluid is now superseded by Mercon V, throwing out all the doom and gloom from the previous 12 years stating otherwise.

Originally Posted by tig1

How much more would it cost to get a quality synthetic ATF that covered the Ford spec. I am not saying Motorcraft brand. Just a quality brand synthetic. Valvoline, Red Line, Amsoil?

cry.gif
frown.gif

Whimsey
It's the wind and windchill that really bothers me, paper towels blowing away and junk getting blown into your eyes, even in the summer. I saw my neighbor putting his snowies on this weekend in his driveway, during a break in the rain on a rainy, cold day.
frown.gif

cry.gif
frown.gif

Whimsey

Back in the late 60s and 70s I lived in Maine and often had to shovel snow to be able to jack the car up so I could change oil. My garage now is quite large and that was a major point I liked when deciding to buy the house 36 years ago.

Last edited:
Looks like fun...

I got a mixed case of redline quarts delivered yesterday.

2 gal of 75W90
1 gal of D6 ATF.

It was like getting a gift of gold...$270 with free delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back