Status
Not open for further replies.
God this thing is hideous. Silverado.

0:33 VW Won't Develop ICEs After 2026
1:05 VW May Build Cars at Ford Plants
2:10 Chevy Introduces Silverado HD
2:57 Alonso To Use Chevy Power at Indy 500
4:20 FCA Sales Surprises in November

Thats going to be a 2020 model. They built a bunch of them in Flint a couple months ago and then covered them up. The proving grounds in Milford has been running them for a while now.

This is the reminder of the nightmare that no one ever wanted to have.
Certainly christened by an ugly stick.
The 20% sales should start early on this one.
The rebates will have rebates.

I moved up a purchase on a new truck and bought a 2018 Silverado half-ton Crew Cab (LTZ-4WD) a couple months ago because the 2019 Silverados are so freaking ugly. And the 2020 HD is even worse.

The RAM coming in so close (sale wise) is the writing on the wall for the 2019 redesign of the Silverado. I don't know why GM feels they have to design a truck like it came out of some Marvel comic book movie or something.

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Ford and FCA are surely very happy at these designs.

I bought a 2018 F-150 in Feb, but thought the 2016-18 Chevy was the best looking truck out there (exterior). There are other reasons I went with the Ford (features, engines, where assembled). But there will be a lot of people that will not even look at Chevy or GMC now with these awful designs.

So VW will only make ICE until 2026? Heck, that's only 7 years away.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by wemay
So VW will only make ICE until 2026? Heck, that's only 7 years away.

They'll still make them. They just won't develop new ones.

I believe I'll keep my 2010 Silverado extended cab after seeing the new trucks. The design team at GM should be fired for designing that truck.

I have a 2013 Silverado ext. cab. Looked at the new trucks a few months ago and hated the hood - there was a big divot in it that served no purpose other than provide an area that the car wash would miss. Looks like the new models doubled up on that bad idea.
Also, tall trucks with engine compartments that are oversized by a factor of 2 make no sense to me. I like the looks of my '97 C2500 better than any model since.

Originally Posted by ArrestMeRedZ
I have a 2013 Silverado ext. cab. Looked at the new trucks a few months ago and hated the hood - there was a big divot in it that served no purpose other than provide an area that the car wash would miss. Looks like the new models doubled up on that bad idea.
Also, tall trucks with engine compartments that are oversized by a factor of 2 make no sense to me. I like the looks of my '97 C2500 better than any model since.
I really hate the hood designs on modern trucks, I agree with you. GMT400 master race, best truck ever assembled!

Really not a fan of the 2020 styling. The current Siverado is a very handsome truck. For my money though, the new Titan and Ram look best...

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Originally Posted by CKN
Not the best PIC-but this is what I bought (2018 LTZ-4WD)

That's exactly my point. Your Silverado is very attractive. Why are they making such drastic changes to the appearance?!

Maybe it'll look better in person.

Originally Posted by wemay
Originally Posted by CKN
Not the best PIC-but this is what I bought (2018 LTZ-4WD)

That's exactly my point. Your Silverado is very attractive. Why are they making such drastic changes to the appearance?!

Maybe it'll look better in person.

It is an improvement in person. Not much though it's still ugly. The interior is like the 2014-18 but cheaper. GM needs to go it can't do nothin right and I own a 2018 Silverado. I might as well keep it because GM is not going to be bailed out again and the last couple of years of decsions have shown GM is as incompetent as ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back