DOW 20K or DOW 30K first, which will we see?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by gfh77665
Here we are at DOW 25K, right in the middle. Will we see DOW 20K or 30K first at some point? What do you all think?

Unless a war or big natural disaster in this country strikes first, we will see 30K first.

SPX & QQQ just went into the death cross...late cycle like this DJIA 20k or less.

Originally Posted by dblshock
SPX & QQQ just went into the death cross...late cycle like this DJIA 20k or less.

The DC is not an accurate sign for future returns. It is poorly correlated with performance, and in fact can be a very good buying opportunity at some times.

Originally Posted by Trav
It all depends on friggin Twitter doesn't it.

Stuff like that certainly causes daily gyrations, but I believe the underlying economic fundamentals are much more important. If (and that huge IF!) the US and China work out a real compromise and the trade war really ends, I think we get a great pop in the markets.

Originally Posted by WyrTwister
I remember when it was ~ 700 , in my youth . Maybe ~ 300 .

I remember when the Toronto Stock Exchange was much higher than the Dow, but now the TSX is at 15,100 ish. It has never cracked 20,000 (not even close, I believe it hasn't even cracked 17,000 yet)

Originally Posted by PimTac
If you worry about stuff like this then the markets are not for you.

At what point did anyone say they were worried?

Furthermore; worries, also known as concerns, are certainly valid when investing and discussing markets.

I see that you often (not always) respond with snarky one liners to a variety of threads here, without actually contributing to the discussion, you must be a real treat to be around.

Originally Posted by RamFan

Furthermore; worries, also known as concerns, are certainly valid when investing and discussing markets.

I see that you often (not always) respond with snarky one liners to a variety of threads here, without actually contributing to the discussion, you must be a real treat to be around.

Whatever. I do have a few decades of investing experience. For most people paying close attention to every market swing will drive them crazy. Just keep your asset allocation appropriate to your age and tolerance and you will do fine.

What have you contributed to the discussion?

Last edited:

Not worried. I follow the market, whether its up, down or sideways. No problem.

Good idea. If you are dollar cost averaging then lower prices means more shares bought.

Originally Posted by RamFan

Whatever. I do have a few decades of investing experience. For most people paying close attention to every market swing will drive them crazy. Just keep your asset allocation appropriate to your age and tolerance and you will do fine.

What have you contributed to the discussion?

Then please, for the benefit of this site, use your decades of investing to give an insightful answer.

What did I contribute? A straightforward answer to a straightforward question.

Yep. Nothing to loose sleep over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back