2020 Chevy HD Pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.
A look at the 2020 Chevy HD pickup. Talk of a new gas V8, and a 10-speed allison trans behind the Duramax with apparently the same power rating as the current Duramax. More towing capability, but no specifics on that. I know when I was looking for a pickup last year, the GM pickups didn't have enough towing capability for my needs, to even be considered.

The look doesn't appeal to me, but maybe it will to some.

The excitement generated by changing grilles and sheet metal is all stuff we don't need.

People know that and don't know that.

Bling trucks? yuk

It looks like every other pickup of that size....with a different front fascia.

How much can they really change it from decade to decade???

These trucks have to have that Big Rig Tonka look, it must be critical to get them off the lot?

Just my opinion, would it be useful to have the front and rear bumpers with replaceable corner sections? those areas usually take a beatin' and with the super tall hoods on these, figuring out where the front is will take time for each driver.

Look hall tall the hood is. I'm 6'2" and wouldn't want to replace the battery in that thing.

[Linked Image]

The steps in the corners of the rear bumper were a great thing, those side steps will be handy. I'm a GM guy but that front end is butt ugly. Headlights should be at or near the top of the stack not on the bumper. Lucky I don't need one.

You only change batteries every whenever, but you might need a little stepladder to check the oil.....

My opinion only of course, but not a fan of the new Chevy trucks or how this new HD truck looks. On the 1/2 tons, at least the GMC's look good! If I were going that direction , it would be a GMC (and it was that way with the previous generation for me too).

Originally Posted by AZjeff
I'm a GM guy but that front end is butt ugly. .....

It reminds me of the ~ '60 - '62 Chevy "Viking" trucks

Memo to Chevy. Wheels are round. Fender openings for wheels should should be round Squarish looks stupid.

Rod

Dmax is not competitive anymore. They need to move on from it or redesign it. It debuted in 01 right? That was seventeen years ago, it's like the SBC of diesel engines!

It looks like they took the tailgate trim from a GMT400 and slapped it on the front. I really wish they would go retro instead of trying to make the biggest looking truck.

Originally Posted by Linctex
Originally Posted by AZjeff
I'm a GM guy but that front end is butt ugly. .....

It reminds me of the ~ '60 - '62 Chevy "Viking" trucks

Yep, I was thinking the same thing.
[Linked Image]

Similar lines in the pickups:
[Linked Image]

I like the headlights down low. Better in snow and fog and most importantly don't shine right in my rear view mirror when I drive my car, like most people should.

I would like to see a side cut-a-way to see how much empty room is above the engine in the front. It would be more aerodynamic and you could see the road closer to the front if it was low as possible. I guess it wouldn't look as "macho".

Really ugly to my eye, YMMV.

Originally Posted by silveravant
I would like to see a side cut-a-way to see how much empty room is above the engine in the front. It would be more aerodynamic and you could see the road closer to the front if it was low as possible. I guess it wouldn't look as "macho".
You also wouldn't have high belt lines so you need 22" wheels to fill the wheel wells. Trucks are so massive now they are a pain to load. Soyboys gonna soy!

Originally Posted by maxdustington
Dmax is not competitive anymore. They need to move on from it or redesign it. It debuted in 01 right? That was seventeen years ago, it's like the SBC of diesel engines!

It looks like they took the tailgate trim from a GMT400 and slapped it on the front. I really wish they would go retro instead of trying to make the biggest looking truck.

Duramax is tried, tested, proven and refined... this is a ludicrous statement that it's been the same since 2001. It's been revamped, refined and improved several times since 2001. The L5P shares almost nothing with the original anymore save for the basic architecture displacement and name.

This statement is akin to saying the Cummins in a Dodge/Ram is the same engine since 1989 because they're both inline 6 engines made by the same manufacturer.

Originally Posted by skyactiv
Look hall tall the hood is. I'm 6'2" and wouldn't want to replace the battery in that thing.

[Linked Image]

Ugh! Reminds me of the family truckster that Clark Griswold had in Vacation. Only its exaggerated ugliness is far past what that film's producers could have imagined.

The heavy duty 10-speed automatic is a big step forward, though. Wish I could get that kind of gear selection in my truck.

What a butterface. Everything looks good but her face. I would have issues driving that if it was free with that big honking ugly grill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back