IMG_20181204_123444.jpg

IMG_20181204_123451.jpg

IMG_20181204_123456.jpg

IMG_20181204_123503.jpg

IMG_20181204_123507.jpg

IMG_20181204_123517.jpg

IMG_20181204_123531.jpg

IMG_20181204_123542.jpg

Very well made filter! Thick canister. Louvers are a tad small and the micron efficiency isn't great. Glue is sloppy. But, modern engines will outlast body parts and/or transmission with factory filters. Just my honest opinion. Thanks for all the postings rooflessVW.

I understand there are detractors, but I'm with you. I like all the new Puros, especially the Boss.

My impression of the Puro Boss is basically the Mercedes fleece filter ported over to a spin-on format(and supposedly for those applications Mann is OEM, the OEM fleece filter will be in a PureOne or Boss box).

ADBV impressions though...

Those base plate holes looks sharp as razors, the ADBV is getting cut before its even been on the engine. Pass, the FU and Wix/Napa Gold has it all over this for my money.

Originally Posted by Trav
Those base plate holes looks sharp as razors, the ADBV is getting cut before its even been on the engine. Pass, the FU and Wix/Napa Gold has it all over this for my money.

They're not sharp, you can run your fingers over them no problem. There are slits/indentations, but they are in the thickest part of the ADBV and I don't see this failing in service.

Originally Posted by Zee09
The picture shows me that the base plate holes are as sharp as ever- definitely not a stellar filter.
Thanks for the cp,

Looks much better than the Ultra I cut open...

Originally Posted by kmrcstintn
just like the newest c&p K&N filters...no freaking dedicated bypass valve! another consortium special...ggrrr!!!

None of the filters for my application have bypass valves...

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Originally Posted by Zee09
The picture shows me that the base plate holes are as sharp as ever- definitely not a stellar filter.
Thanks for the cp,

Looks much better than the Ultra I cut open...

I didn't see that but I mostly use 7317 and 3614 and they always look perfect even after nearly 25k
Every line has turds.

Originally Posted by GMBoy
Nice looking filter. Thanks for all the work you did.

No problem, had fun. Think I'm going to round up some more this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back