Shipping to Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by StevieC

As for your link that is recent due to some changes made to their operations by the government without them having the funds to back it up, it's not the norm but leave it to the news to spin it that way.

Good that CP is finally living in reality vs prior world.
All companies had to cover or disclose pension labilities, about time for CP to join the real world.

Originally Posted by maxdustington
Shipping from the US sucks but I've still gotten deals. Handling fees from couriers are much worse, it has to be shipped via USPS.

Tell me about it. Before RockAuto started charging HST I used to get dinged $40 Brokerage fees.
mad.gif

I always enjoy(ed) the best of both worlds: I could order from Rock Auto, have the items shipped to Detroit for a fraction of what it'd cost to Canada, then take 20 minutes (depending on how smoothly the traffic at the border is moving) and head over to pick everything up at the FedEx office. It's been a major perk of living in a border city!

Originally Posted by uc50ic4more
Originally Posted by maxdustington
Shipping from the US sucks but I've still gotten deals. Handling fees from couriers are much worse, it has to be shipped via USPS.

Tell me about it. Before RockAuto started charging HST I used to get dinged $40 Brokerage fees.
mad.gif

I always enjoy(ed) the best of both worlds: I could order from Rock Auto, have the items shipped to Detroit for a fraction of what it'd cost to Canada, then take 20 minutes (depending on how smoothly the traffic at the border is moving) and head over to pick everything up at the FedEx office. It's been a major perk of living in a border city!

They don't charge the Brokerage Fee any longer because they are charging you HST now. So it comes without that added cost. I think they realized they were loosing business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back