Fram Ultra 4309

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well got the Fram Ultra air filter for my car last night at Wally world. I do like the build of the filter. Rigid, fit very well and pre oiled to boot. I think this filter is a solid buy. It is 99% per ISO 5011. It should be good for quite a long while. Box of course says up to 2 years.

That's the same filter I have on my car
smile.gif

Originally Posted by bbhero
All right all right
lol.gif

Tomorrow I will take some and add them to this
smile.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Yeah it is pre oiled. ..

It is in a full covered and sealed plastic package.

And it is actually similar to the OEM air filter which is pre oiled has well.

Originally Posted by bbhero
Yeah it is pre oiled. ...
Sparingly enough to be safe for finicky MAF sensors?

Originally Posted by Nissanfan845
I would never install a Fram air filter on any of my vehicles no thanks.

Yeah well the Fram Ultra air filter is about has close you will find to the OEM air filter.... Very solid frame construction and lightly oiled... I do not believe any other aftermarket air filter is like that right now.

That looks a LOT like the OEM Ford/Motorcraft replacement filter for the Taurus/Explorer in terms of construction and the pre-oiling. The Motorcraft paper filter had so much oil on it that it was coating the plastic bag it was shipped in.

I've had too may problems with a finicky MAF sensor in my Chevy truck to go back to an oiled filter. Nope... couldn't do it again. Having to clean it with the CRC cleaner in can, I've disconnected and removed the MAF sensor in my truck twice or three times now. I don't care to do it again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back