2010 Lexus IS F - Total Syn. 5w30 - ~4000 Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Linked Image]

I purchased this vehicle earlier this year. I don't know the exact type of oil used at the dealership I purchased it from, but the best they could tell me was it is Total brand full synthetic 5w30. I don't know the exact miles on the oil but I did put almost exactly 4000 miles on the oil before changing it, so I marked it down as that on my report to Blackstone. I don't know how many test drives the vehicle had been on before I purchased it so I assume this mileage is close. I will be doing one more test after I run my current Mobil1 fill for a full interval. I did have one 300mL can of LiquiMoly MoS2 in this oil. I use that stuff in everything I own because I feel like it does make a noticeable difference. I don't know if that had anything to do with the outcome of the report.

This vehicle hasn't been babied either. Lots of redline. Lots of hard driving. But only after coming up to full operating temp, of course.

My current fill is Mobil1 5w30 and a bottle of LiquiMoly MoS2 with a Mahle filter. We will see how this does in a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back