... smoking brisket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smoked some brisket on my weber last night. Used some BBQ rub and had the brisket sit in the fridge overnight. Brisket was purchased from HEB, prime at 4.30$/lbs. around 10lbs and took roughly 10hrs to get it done. I have to say this was the best brisket i've ever done - moist, great smoke flavor and decent bark.
Any brisket fans out here?

CB26C9AF-9C71-4B5E-B7AD-43DD9897D7B4.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great love brisket

- is the brisket "alien" but legal, or are you?

UD

I wish i could upload the video. Juice was litterally flowing from the cut and no liquid has been injected at prep stage. I guess i just got a good piece of meat. Also, cherry and apple smoking chips has been used (light smoke flavor)

Haha. No, i'm a legal alien. Not an englishman and not in NY, bus still an alien lol

Man, that looks fantastic!
They don't really get brisket up here...most of the locals would probably throw it in a pot with some taters and cabbage and boil it.
I would still eat it that way, don't get me wrong!

Even very modest places around Dallas when I lived there would have really good BBQ brisket...I saved a newspaper article from the Morning News about some place about two hours away from Dallas that had stuff to just die for. A year or so later when I finally found some time to take friends there, I had lost the article...

What kind of Weber do you have? I have a Smokey Mountain cooker but haven't done a brisket yet.

The brisket (and BBQ in general) i've had was Corckscrew BBQ place in Spring, TX. They are being sold out every day and the you better get there early. If you happen to be around here make sure to check them out, i promise it's worth every penny

Just a reqular weber grill, i'm not sure what kind exactly it is bit i got it for 120$ or so. It really is not a smoker, but still can be used for this purpose once you get familiar with it

I could live on brisket. My two favorites here in Katy are Spring Creek and Rudy's.

Mate, you'll forget about those two joints once you try some Corkscrew. I'm not associated with them by any means, just recommending what i've tried myself, reallt good stuff

Bark perhaps is not the healthiest part of the brisket but no doubt absolutely delicious and needs to be consumed 100%

Brisket = meat candy
thumbsup2.gif

And Rudy's is good , love the bark as well.
Corkscrew BBQ (used to be Hyde's) is the bees knees from what I hear.
I haven't had the opportunity to try it yet, but it's on my to do list for sure.

I'm befuddled that you can get brisket cheaper there than I can get hamburger for here.

Hamburger steak for Sunday dinner here. I can't afford the real thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back