New Warren distribution bottles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Gokhan
Originally Posted by Red91
Fair enough.

Well, thanks for pointing out that these Super Tech oils are being made by Warren Distribution.

In fact, I was wondering who made the excellent Super Tech High-Mileage Full Synthetic 0W-20, which seems to be GTL and of a better quality than Pennzoil Platinum, not to mention far cheaper. Now, we know that it's Warren Distribution!

And that Walmart MSDS site works very well.

Ok, so i should be buying the ST 0W20HM Syn?
wink.gif

Specs do look good

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Ok, so i should be buying the ST 0W20HM Syn?
wink.gif

Specs do look good

Yeah, I'm quite impressed by it: dexos1 Gen 2 (therefore also SN PLUS), excellent NOACK (likely GTL), mixed calcium and magnesium, both moly and boron, excellent price.

Ok, gokhan, I'm confused; when I ran the numbers for the 20W50, the supplier is listed as delfin group, but the plp is Warren distribution. On the trans fluid the supplier is citgo, the plp link is wd.....?

Last edited:
Ok, gokhan, I'm confused; when I ran the numbers for the 20W50, the supplier is listed as delfin group, but the plp is Warren distribution. On the trans fluid the supplier is citgo, the plp link is wd.....?

Multiple sources are appearing when you do the UPC lookup but Delfin and Citgo came out as "archived." So, they must be the old suppliers.

I think they are both Warren Distribution. I think you were right that these ribbed bottles are currently only being used by Warren Distribution.

In contrast, this bottle with the illustration of the correct tilting direction (toward the far side of the sprout) imprinted on the neck seems to be generic and used by many different suppliers:

[Linked Image]

No one here was confusing the two warrens...

Heck I still get them mixed up if I think hard enough. I'm forever pulling up both websites and go, "Okay, got it now!" (until about 20 minutes later)

You mentioned labels on the "correct" side of the bottles, I'm noticing that almost all brands that have recently switched to wide mouth bottles are putting the spout on the left side now. Of course, Chevron, citgo and Mobil have had wide mouth bottles for over a decade and theirs are on the right. Castrols new bottles are left,as are wds and the new sopus qt bottles, of which I've only seen In a Napa flyer.

Multiple sources are appearing when you do the UPC lookup but Delfin and Citgo came out as "archived." So, they must be the old suppliers.

I think they are both Warren Distribution. I think you were right that these ribbed bottles are currently only being used by Warren Distribution.

In contrast, this bottle with the illustration of the correct tilting direction (toward the far side of the sprout) imprinted on the neck seems to be generic and used by many different suppliers:

[Linked Image]

Gokhan: I have two of these bottles. Both say WNE on bottom also
smile.gif

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Gokhan: I have two of these bottles. Both say WNE on bottom also
smile.gif

Still, some of them show up as Citgo etc. in UPC searches and even this counterfeit oil used the same bottle:

[Linked Image]

She was the one who liked the older container design back in 2014
lol.gif

This was from Warren Distribution advertising their online oil products at that time by the way...

Piston-King-Taxi-Cab-Tug-Of-War.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Imp4
My dear Mr Gokhan, still trying to peddle your fabricated oil metric I see.

When will you learn???

There is nothing fabricated about tabulating the PQIA NOACK and CCS values, and considering the two simultaneously eliminates the bias that arises from NOACK's inherent decrease with the increasing base-oil viscosity, and the trend is consistent with known PAO oils scoring highest, followed by known GTL, followed by Group III, and then followed by Group II. Take it at its face value or leave it.

I see that you're a newbie here. Perhaps, you should try respecting others and learning something?

...the bias that arises from NOACK's inherent decrease with the increasing base-oil viscosity....

That's really not a bias; it's a property relatively well known. If I were buying an SAE 30, I'd expect a very low Noack, but would be under no illusions about the base stock.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Garak
...the bias that arises from NOACK's inherent decrease with the increasing base-oil viscosity....

That's really not a bias; it's a property relatively well known. If I were buying an SAE 30, I'd expect a very low Noack, but would be under no illusions about the base stock.

That's exactly the point. Considering the two together accounts for the viscosity of the base oil, especially for similar oils, such as comparing 0W-20 oils or comparing 5W-30 oils.

We've been over your index a few times, but my point is that I'm not being led astray by a low Noack all on its own.

It's not a low NOACK on its own!

See the list on page 2. You will see that it's not ordered by the NOACK.

No, no, you misunderstand me. I don't mean your index is low Noack all on its own. I mean, if I'm looking for a good base stock, I'm not just going to look at the Noack of an oil (i.e. Petro-Canada shows on their data sheets Noack for a whack of viscosities in the same product line, all side by side) and then gather I'm getting a better base stock by grabbing the lowest Noack.

No, no, you misunderstand me. I don't mean your index is low Noack all on its own. I mean, if I'm looking for a good base stock, I'm not just going to look at the Noack of an oil (i.e. Petro-Canada shows on their data sheets Noack for a whack of viscosities in the same product line, all side by side) and then gather I'm getting a better base stock by grabbing the lowest Noack.

I'm having a hard time making my point across. As I said, the descending order in the list goes as PAO --> GTL --> Group III, at least for the oils with known base oils.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back