Alonso to run Rolex 24 hour race at Daytona

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should try 24 Hours of Spa, see what he thinks of that one.
wink.gif

I'll be there and plan to get his autograph. Can't wait! If you've never been to a Rolex 24 and you are a race fan of ANY type, I highly suggest attending one!

He was the class of the field. I wouldn't mind seeing him win Indy too.

BTW, GREAT coverage by NBC. Leigh Diffey has proven himself to be a heavyweight anchor. Add a cast of thousands and a gazillion cameras and you couldn't ask for more. I even enjoyed the NASCAR folks perspective. Best 24 broadcast I've ever seen. I'm excited by this group's potential for IndyCar.

Last edited:
I agree the NBC TV coverage was great. Too bad the race was ruined by the rain,rain and more rain. Well maybe not ruined but a lot less enjoyable than it could have been.
The last 4 hours, when they were running, was just tip- toeing around trying to stay on course.

It was one miserably cold, but exciting weekend!! We spent the entire day there Saturday but didn't come back for Sunday when we seen 46* and RAIN!!!

The level of access you get at the IMSA races and the ticket cost is phenomenal. We hung out on pit lane all morning Saturday, seen and talked to many drivers, watched them warm up the cars etc. Saturday night got very cold and windy!

Originally Posted by Indydriver
He was the class of the field. I wouldn't mind seeing him win Indy too.

BTW, GREAT coverage by NBC. Leigh Diffey has proven himself to be a heavyweight anchor. Add a cast of thousands and a gazillion cameras and you couldn't ask for more. I even enjoyed the NASCAR folks perspective. Best 24 broadcast I've ever seen. I'm excited by this group's potential for IndyCar.

I thought NBC did a fantastic job. A lot of people were complaining about the heavy NASCAR influence on the broadcast and their possible lack of prep. I think it was really good as they seemed ok with asking questions that maybe a seasoned sports car fan would think are stupid, but a new or casual viewer might want to ask but be scared to ask. As much as Rutledge normally annoys me, I thought he was hilarious. The interview with Jordan Taylor while he was getting the massage was TV gold.

Maybe switch out Rick Allen for Alan Bestwick, and have Mike Bagley and Dave Moody in NASCAR 2 and 3 and you have an awesome broadcast.

Was there from 10:30am Friday until about 2pm on Sunday. Fun weekend as it always is. Crowd size was up a bit over last few years it seems...but still is small enough that you can basically go wherever you want without mobs of crowds. If you are a sports car racing fan you have to experience it live. Got my picture with Chip Ganassi, chatted with Mike Hull from Ganassi, shook Rubens Barrichello's hand. Nowhere else can you get access to the team owners, crew, and drivers like this.

Nice to hear that NBC's coverage was great. But I didn't get to see so much of a second of it. Charter Spectrum just happened to pick last Friday as the day to rearrange their channel tiers, making NBC-SN one that I don't get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back