Garage tunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you guys doing for garage tunes?

I had an old Lenoxx clock radio, that I cut the wire leads off the internal speaker and ran a wire out the back battery backup compartment. The 3 inch paper cone speaker was 8ohm probably 750mw output, my brother in law gave me a pair of klh indoor/outdoor speakers both 8ohm wired them for 4ohm sound was pretty good considering.

Long story short the tuner was shot kept drifting not holding the station, I been browsing Craigslist not finding anything out there inventory is low.

I have an old audiophase CD boombox hanging from a hook now.

Sony CFD-540 late 90's preppy ghetto blaster I got from goodwill for the price of a small pizza.

Sometimes I "stream" music from my computer in the house with a tiny FM transmitter.

I do have a clock radio that I rock out to when splitting wood. Ran 120V to a light bulb and outlet in my wood shed for just this purpose.

Back when I had a garage big enough to tinker in, I had a Kenwood receiver that I picked up from CL for $10, and some old Sony speakers and a Yamaha sub. Source was either FM radio from the receiver or something from the mp3 player.

Nowadays, in a rare occasion that I actually do something in the garage, I just bring a JBL Xtreme portable speaker with me.

Originally Posted by Warstud
I thought this shoplight with bluetooth speakers built in was pretty cool.

https://www.ruralking.com/led-shoplight-with-bluetooth-speaker-gw-sl46-57-3a

This can't possibly sound any good. Probably no better than your phone.
smile.gif

My son bought this for me. An internet radio, i can get pandora spotify etc. I take it in the garage or anywhere in the house.

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by spasm3
My son bought this for me. An internet radio, i can get pandora spotify etc. I take it in the garage or anywhere in the house.

[Linked Image]

That unit is very nice, how's the sound output and quality?

A REALLY nice Kenwood 200 watt (? - I think) 4-channel receiver that was like $400 in 1991 dollars. (I'm sure it's worth about $20 now).

Speakers are high end Pioneer 4-way (woof, two mids, and tweeters) that were also worth about $400 30 years ago, worth about $10 each now.

Originally Posted by Linctex
A REALLY nice Kenwood 200 watt (? - I think) 4-channel receiver that was like $400 in 1991 dollars. (I'm sure it's worth about $20 now).

Speakers are high end Pioneer 4-way (woof, two mids, and tweeters) that were also worth about $400 30 years ago, worth about $10 each now.

Big garage? You talking tower speakers right

Last edited:
Bose Soundlink bluetooth speaker connected to my phone running Pandora 80's Rock, sometimes AC/DC, Metallica, Motorhead or Guns and Roses.

20 + year old Kenwood car unit feeding 4 missmatched 40 watt speakers. Run uint off 12 V power supply.
Good enough to run old country music station thru it.

Originally Posted by Oildudeny
Originally Posted by spasm3

[Linked Image]

That unit is very nice, how's the sound output and quality?

The sound is ok, not like stereo speakers. He got it for me since in don't use a smartphone.

In the garage is an old radio I got from my dad, probably nearly as old as I am, and that probably hasn't been run since his passing. I never was a fan of tunes in the garage, for some reason. In the car, on the tractor, sure. When working on a car, I prefer it as silent as I can get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back