UOA 2017 Cruze Diesel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the 2017 Cruze diesel downsized to a more efficient 1.6L engine? I test drive one with a stick and started a thread about it. I kinda liked it. The salesman gave me a pitch if you don't buy this car today, it will be gone within a week or whatever he said. He was right, the car sold fast. You can buy DEF cheaper at truck stops that sell it at the pump. Whats your fuel mileage?

The 2nd gen is a 1.6, they mention in the notes that they thought it was a 2.0.

I have the 9spd auto and i averaged low 50s this summer and fall driving to my new job. Mainly highway and interstate with some city close to home and my job location.

Last edited:
Yes that is actually a 1.6L diesel in there, not the 2.0L the old Cruze had. Same engine the current Equinox gets too. Rated at 39 MPG hiway in the Equinox.
I generally like Amsoil, but this isn't a real dexos2 oil. Just something to hope GM never asks about if any engine warranty work is required and they feel mean.
I would change the oil right at whatever the OLM says it should be. On gasoline GM engines, they limit it these days to 7,500 miles tops. I don't know if the diesel car engines have that limit too.

Originally Posted by HondaTech250
I have the 9spd auto and i averaged low 50s this summer and fall driving to my new job. Mainly highway and interstate with some city close to home and my job location.

Awesome MPG. You beat my Ford C-Max Hybrid's average of 44 MPG in mixed driving. That is a great highway cruiser. My '18 Equinox could use it, sadly mine has the 1.5T gutless wonder & 6-speed auto.

Last edited:
You probably want to remove your personal information from the attachment.
If it's too late to edit, contact a moderator and they can help you.

Originally Posted by Imp4
You probably want to remove your personal information from the attachment.
If it's too late to edit, contact a moderator and they can help you.

Yeah I realized this a little too late.
Moderator notified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back