FRAM Ultra XG12060 Spec Page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing listed for XG9688, no specs. No specs for XG2. The Ultra isn't listed for XG2? I just bought it, so I know they make it. Weird. Maybe Motorking can help?

The XG12060 has the right bypass pressure threshold needed for GM PF64 or UPF64R applications. This is good news for a lot of GM engines, such as Corvettes & the small Ecotec 1.5L turbo engines that use the same PF64 (paper media) oil filter. Patman said a month ago: "According to Motorking (who works for Fram) the XG12060 is ready but Fram's retail customers wanted the catalogs reprinted first, so the release for this filter is not until Jan 2019. My Corvette uses the PF64, so I'm going to use the XG12060 when it comes out."

Last edited:
Can't wait till these pop up at our local walmart. Then i wont have to order the UPF64R filters anymore.

So this is a shorter filter than the PF63 … ? The XG10575 has the low PRV setting …

I thought they were going to make an equivalent filter to the 10575 with the higher bypass. Instead they made a 10060 with a higher bypass pressure. The 12060 is only 3.3 inches long, not the 4.4 inches like a PF63. However, that said, it is close to the height of a UPF64R whch is 3.47 I believe.

Last edited:
These are supposed to be the higher rated bypass version of the PF64 not the PF63 if i'm not mistaken?

Originally Posted by JoelB
These are supposed to be the higher rated bypass version of the PF64 not the PF63 if i'm not mistaken?

Looks like it to me. I thought they were going to make a replacement for the PF63. Guess not.

Think so … but many vehicles call for the PF63 … will just keep using them and building confidence (I hope) …

I'm surprised it doesn't list the Corvette on that spec page, but it is indeed the filter I've been waiting for! Hopefully I won't have a problem finding it before my next oil change (which is at least 6 months away)

Originally Posted by 4WD
Think so … but many vehicles call for the PF63 … will just keep using them and building confidence (I hope) …

You're right. Maybe it's asking too much but it would now be good if Fram updated the 10575 to the same by pass pressure as the PF63.

Originally Posted by Imp4
Originally Posted by Onetor
Nothing listed for XG9688, no specs. No specs for XG2. The Ultra isn't listed for XG2?
Not sure where you're looking but the XG9688 and XG2 spec's are right here.

XG9688 spec's.

XG2 spec's.

That is a different page than the OP posted. No burst strength et al. Motorking has provided further specs than what is provided on that page. Go to the webpage the OP provided and type in those exact model #s.

Yes, this new XG12060, like the PH12060 that has been out for a few years, is a better replacement for PF64 & UPF64R applications, in matching size and bypass pressure.

If you have room in your PF64 & UPF64R application, you can put on a longer Wix WL10255 or the napaGold twin, which is a very decent silicone, high bypass pressure equivalent to a PF63E.
My vehicle calls for a PF64, yet I can easily get a longer WL10255 on there, unlike other cars that have the oil filter low to the ground.

....for PF64 applicaions, soon the choice will be the size-matched XG12060 or the longer WL10255.
....PF63E applications should probably be using the better WL10255, better construction & efficiency there.

Originally Posted by Imp4
Nothing listed for XG9688, no specs. No specs for XG2. The Ultra isn't listed for XG2?
Not sure where you're looking but the XG9688 and XG2 spec's are right here.

XG9688 spec's.

XG2 spec's.

That is a different page than the OP posted. No burst strength et al. Motorking has provided further specs than what is provided on that page. Go to the webpage the OP provided and type in those exact model #s.

Not sure what you mean here.

XG12060 specs per OPs link:
Height 3.33
Inside Diameter 22mm x 1.5
Outside Diameter 3.00
Anti-Drainback Valve YES
By-Pass Valve Setting 19-25 PSI
Turning Specification 3/4 Turn after gasket contact
Base Gasket I.D. 2.45
Base Gasket O.D. 2.75
Base Gasket Thickness .196

XG9688 specs per my link:
Height 3.08
Inside Diameter 20mmx1.5mm Th'd
Outside Diameter 3.02
Anti-Drainback Valve YES
By-Pass Valve Setting 9-15
Style 1
Base Gasket I.D. 2.13
Base Gasket O.D. 2.42
Base Gasket Thickness 0.2

XG2 specs per my link:
Height 3.984
Inside Diameter 22mmx1.5mm Th'd
Outside Diameter 3.656
Anti-Drainback Valve YES
By-Pass Valve Setting 12
Style 1
Turning Specification 3/4-1
Base Gasket I.D. 2.422
Base Gasket O.D. 2.813
Base Gasket Thickness 0.203

No mention of burst strength anywhere on the OPs link that I could find...
21.gif

When I went to the webpage the OP provided and typed in those numbers in the search (just like you said), out popped the information you see above.
11.gif

Hmmm... I'm going to stick with the 10575. More media, more flow, more capacity, more oil, less need for higher bypass spec.

Nobody has these filters yet. Why? I have to keep using the paper media based PF64 on my CTS-V. Any info from Fram on when Walmart or Amazon will have the XG12060?

Originally Posted by GM4LIFE
Nobody has these filters yet. Why? I have to keep using the paper media based PF64 on my CTS-V. Any info from Fram on when Walmart or Amazon will have the XG12060?

It's now 2020 and these filters have not shown up on shelves. A quick search shows Jegs and Summit Racing may have them.

There are a couple million of these engines on the road now but no aftermarket filters besides Wix WL10290?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back