Schaeffer's oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that Schaeffers 9000 Full Syn contains high levels of Moly. Are there any downsides to this level of moly, such as ring deposits or other issues? Is this moly tri-nuclear or something different?

Also some have commented higher lead using Schaeffer's 9000 oil. Is this for real or a rumor/myth? I was impressed with the million mile engine tear down, as far as low wear and cleanliness.

JLTD, I was wonder what oil and weight you are running in your 4Runner? Have you tried different brands and weights and have a preference?

Originally Posted By: zfasts03
JLTD, I was wonder what oil and weight you are running in your 4Runner? Have you tried different brands and weights and have a preference?

PM on the way.

My pleasure. / hijack

As far as the moly clogging things, from my understanding, it doesn't. I've seen a couple of UOAs here on it and they looked really good.

I understand that Schaeffers 9000 Full Syn contains high levels of Moly. Are there any downsides to this level of moly, such as ring deposits or other issues? Is this moly tri-nuclear or something different?

Also some have commented higher lead using Schaeffer's 9000 oil. Is this for real or a rumor/myth? I was impressed with the million mile engine tear down, as far as low wear and cleanliness.

There are NO disadvantages to Schaeffers micron moly in their oil. In fact quite the contrary. Increased fuel economy and engine life being two of the biggest advantages.

Originally Posted By: salesrep

There are NO disadvantages to Schaeffers micron moly in their oil. In fact quite the contrary. Increased fuel economy and engine life being two of the biggest advantages.

Are you allowed to confirm which type of moly is used in your oils (or at least the 9000 series)?

Originally Posted By: dailydriver

Are you allowed to confirm which type of moly is used in your oils (or at least the 9000 series)?

Schaeffers is constantly searching for the most advanced additive technologies and tweeking micron moly formulas while working directly with additive manufacturers. Additionally with a variety of organo,soluble ,synthetic moly compounds used in Schaeffers greases and gear oils.

When is Schaeffer's introducing a Dexos1 Gen2 formulation?

By summer

PLEASE keep us informed!
thumbsup2.gif

Only time you have to worry about moly is in wet clutch motorcycle engines as it will cause slipping. In a car engine, there's no problem with that.

FWIW
My son has an electrical contracting company, a well drilling company, and farms in S. Indiana - it gets hot and cold here. Run Schaeffer's in everything except a couple of antique tractors, a Deere 520 and 820 diesel. No issues, including a few Chevy pickup diesels. Uses their grease and hydraulic fluids as well. 239 and 274 5% moly grease in everything. Very pleased with the performance.

Originally Posted by salesrep
Originally Posted by dailydriver
Originally Posted by salesrep
Originally Posted by zfasts03

Schaeffers is constantly searching for the most advanced additive technologies and tweeking micron moly formulas while working directly with additive manufacturers. Additionally with a variety of organo,soluble ,synthetic moly compounds used in Schaeffers greases and gear oils.

I believe Schaeffers is a quality product. Is there any retailers who sale it?

Originally Posted by dave1251

You can look at their site. Ive found one salesman in local and i order thru him and pick it up at their warehouse next day.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by s2krunner
Originally Posted by dave1251

You can look at their site. Ive found one salesman in local and i order thru him and pick it up at their warehouse next day.

Thanks the closest place is about 30 miles away and the prices their wanting to charge for a change is criminal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back