Need all the help I can get: Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you have an impressive CV
thumbsup2.gif
This is why I said "probably"
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted by 69GTX
I would fully expect to get more like $11K-$13K if the car were ever totaled. All they've have to do is check Ebay, Autotrader, and dealer listings and they'd find them consistently priced at $12K to $20K. If they didn't want to do the research...I'd present the insurance company with a dozen listings proving it.

I totally agree with you!! My two owner,which includes me,(hopefully not totaled) 300ZX lists for $14,100 on NADA,and that's with twice the mileage mine has. They sell in excess of $20K on Autotrader. If I got a low ball offer I'd tell them to f themselves.

$8400... I'll be, shouldn't have sold mine 6 yrs ago (with transplanted TD engine and 240 4spd MT). Then again, many where total rust buckets here in the Northeast and in need a lot of work (that's how mine started). The ones selling for $10k+ were creampuff, garage queens, MINT condition. I'd be surprised if the insurance company offers that much. However you should do your homework and find comps...

Experience from ~18 months ago with a totaled vehicle (in Ohio, not Kentucky) was our adjuster looked up prices of similar models at local used-car dealers and averaged that. Now, do they use a different scheme when they aren't paying out ? In our case, the other driver was at-fault but our insurance took care of us vs letting the other insurance **** us around. Months later, they re-couped everything they paid us from the other guy's insurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back