Circle k

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got new Circle K with miles and it is TopTeir but I suspect it is all marketing when they claim better fuel mileage. I always ran Exxon with rare case of Shell but Circle K bought all Exxon stations and converted all but one to new miles so it is out of the way to go to Exxon. Do you trust Circle K in your vehicle now that they updated their fuel? Gas is 10 cents cheaper than the Shell across from it so about 2 bucks a tank which is also TopTeir and marketing as best for your vehicle. Very busy station as right on interstate. I ran one tank but they claim it takes 4 tanks to notice gain according to their website.

Yes. There is a list of the Top Tier fuel stations on the internet for verification. Dat some good Crawfish from Pearl River.

Originally Posted by Onetor
Yes. There is a list of the Top Tier fuel stations on the internet for verification. Dat some good Crawfish from Pearl River.

Brother in law is a retired Crawfisherman from Lafayette and he was best at cooking dem der mudbugs.

I'm SURE that Circle K was on the list last month. QT disappears occasionally too. Maybe the check's in the mail. Don't remember seeing Couche-Tard. Must be licensing under parent company only but how many people know that. QuikTrip and QT are both listed.

Last edited:
every Valero (which is top tier) in this part of Texas (or all of Texas?) is being converted to a Circle K

Did Valero buy the Circle K name?

Valero sold all their retail locations to the company that owns Circle K, who subsequently sold some locations to other jobbers such as Big Tex in this area. There haven't been any Valero-owned retail stations for several years now. In this area numerous stores are dropping the Valero branding when converting signage to Circle K, going to unbranded fuel (like HEB fuel is unbranded).

Personally I've never seen Circle K fuels on the Top Tier list.

In Southern Illinois, we got hucks and Circle K as regional powerhouses. The Circle K owned Shell stations are converting over to "Circle K" and I bet they are dropping fuel rewards!!!!!

Never have seen Valero gas stations in my area until recently.

An Exxon station is now selling Valero gas, but have not changed signage. A independent Shell station has switched over to Valero, and does have the new Valero signage.

Circle K is still selling Marathon fuel around here.

My town is but 11k population … but has Chevron, Citgo, Exxon, Phillips 66, Shell, Sunoco, & Valero at Valero store

Walmart pulled the Murphy tanks a while back … sited too much traffic congestion where the had located …

HEB, popular convenience stores, farmers Co-Ops … ? not sure what brand gas they sell … but one Co-Op sells gas, diesel, and CNG …

According to Circle K website they will replace all convenience stores that they have acquired with a new product and look which will be gas with miles making them one of the largest in the world as well as TopTeir.

The Circle K fuel will have "miles" branding somewhere on the pump...and usually will also have price signage that denotes a 6 cent/gallon discount for "Easy Pay". There are still a lot of gas stations that only the convenience store is Circle K and the fuel is someone else, but, the true Circle K fuel and store pairings are expanding rapidly.

I can't speak to their gas....but the miles branded diesel fuel is pretty good.

Looks like the Miles fuel branding for Circle K applies in Europe and makes sense since that company is owned by the same company that owns Circle K.

https://www.circlek.ie/miles/miles-faqs/#

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/business/retail-and-services/topaz-invests-6m-in-new-fuel-brand-miles-1.3055708%3fmode=amp

Miles fuels don't appear on the Top Tier fuel brand list linked in an earlier post in this thread. Topaz doesn't appear on that list either.

Just a sidenote about Canada; I haven't seen a Circle K for years. All they used to be here, at least in this province, and I'm pretty sure Alberta, too, was the actual convenience store for Shell stations. It was handy back then, since the Shell stations with a Circle K would be 24 H.

Used to run Circle K fuel in my 2014 Sentra when I lived in Arizona. Never had a problem running it. Still got 35-40 MPG with it. Of course, this was before the whole "Top Tier" stuff.

I've always been a Shell and BP top tier guy myself but since moving to Central Florida all we have is Circle K stores and they are usually much cheaper than the Shell stations. My turbocharged 08 Subaru doesn't seem to care one bit, runs the same and gets the same MPG on Shell or Circle K fuel.

Just an update. I keep close eye on fuel mileage. Circle k with miles is worse. Exxon and Shell seems to be best with Murphy close and Circle k with miles bringing up rear. Did the 4 tanks but best was 19.5 with worse being 18. Best on this vehicle was Murphy but I put that on a 300 mile trip that I got 27.5 mpg. I am running Shell in this tank so I will see. Last tank was Exxon with 10.00 add on from Shell and it was 21.4. Fuelly tracked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back