France carbon tax pushes Gas over $7.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Riots in France due to B.S. carbon tax that pushed gas to a average of $7.06 U.S. currency . Good for them to riot , these elites are driving the average person in Europe to live in squalor ! They need to stand up and throw the bums out . Climate change ya right .

I remember reading an article years ago about taxes per country. France was the highest in the world for taxes at the time anyway.

Behind what ? The riots or the gas tax ? Riots are people sick of the goverment running their lives , the carbon tax is a hoax of all hoaxes

The carbon taxing scheme in general? Certainly carbon as an element didn't reform into some kind of Golem that demands to be paid off lest he stomp cities into the ground

Last edited:
Yes Sir . The rest of the world want us in the cesspool with them to make it look legit .

Originally Posted by BrianF
Good old carbon tax. Just look at the issues it is causing up here....ibtl

Ford killed Cap n Trade in Ontario. Turdeau forcing it back Jan 1, 2019. Enjoy your gas prices between now and the new year!

Originally Posted by Kjmack
Riots in France due to B.S. carbon tax that pushed gas to a average of $7.06 U.S. currency . Good for them to riot , these elites are driving the average person in Europe to live in squalor ! They need to stand up and throw the bums out . Climate change ya right .

Just curious why on earth you think this is an appropriate thread for this forum? While I'd love to point out the ridiculousness of your post--because I can actually follow the forum rules.

Serious question: there are plenty of places you can talk about politics, deny climate change, etc. Why do folks feel the need to do it here why it's clearly against the terms of service of the forum? serious question.

Well we can talk about the price of a quart of oil and why it costs more or less in some local ? But o no dont talk about gas prices and the lunacy behind them

Originally Posted by JOD
Serious question: there are plenty of places you can talk about politics, deny climate change, etc. Why do folks feel the need to do it here why it's clearly against the terms of service of the forum? serious question.
I think because posters are aware of these rules and try not to debate ideologies. I'm pretty sure we are allowed to discuss news of the day as long as people posting in the thread keep it clean. No one likes to pay taxes, everyone likes cheap fuel. This board seems to have a lot of older members who can discuss political topics while being civil.

Critiquing environmentalism is not a problem, it is politicized but it is not a fundamentally political issue.

Your safe space is one click away.

Originally Posted by dave1251
GOD Bless America indeed.

If the biased and DISHONEST media elites have their way.....we will follow the same path as western Europe.....

Originally Posted by Kjmack

Its interesting, when France riots due to a carbon tax, good on them. When people in the US riot/protest, they need to get jobs...

That said, taxing fuel for citizens probably isn't the right thing to do. I believe I've seen before that the average person, and even most citizens collectively have little impact. Its mostly industrial emissions that are the big contributors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back