I don't need another car...

Status
Not open for further replies.

20181124_135135.jpg

Last edited:
These things and the Adventra were such oddballs. Not sure what market they were trying to hit but I don't recall them being huge sellers, I assume most people would've just gone for a hilux or such. Reminds me of the Falcon RTV utes which for some reason were only RWD, very odd decision there.

If you want to see a horror show look underneath it, I applaud Holden engineers for fitting an AWD setup in a car designed for RWD but wow.

Is that one of those cars marketed towards youths who can't imagine to be able to afford it? Oh, yeah, that's every car.

You normally never need another car. Sometimes you just plain want it. Then it boils down to self discipline.

Sure you do.

The two doors, 2WD, were certified for sale here, but were never offered.

Enjoy it!

Oh H3LL YEAH! Every bit as practical as your current ride just a bit lower. Put a roo bar on it and a cap (if you must) and be happy!

Don't know if the boss would sign off on that but I'd sure try.

I always had 5 on my insurance policy (wife + myself + 3 kids). Now I am down to 4. At some point in my life I will make it down to 2. THEN I will get "another" car.

A 4 door AWD El Camino!. HMMn Haz low range? GM lacked the fortitude to sell here. I would think it would sell like hotcakes . Ranger competition

Take it for a test drive - that'll put you off buying a Crewman forever! Great idea, not so great execution unfortunately. We had some of the V6 RWD ones in the fleet at work a few years back, they truly were horrible to drive.

Kira...Commodore front up in the air did it...yes red and front row helped.
eljefino...authorities wont let kids under around 22 drive it I think (something we have to think of with a near 16 Y.O. (not that I will ever teach her to drive with current attitude)
AZJeff - she would "let" me buy anything...THAT's never been an issue...utility with the family isn't all there, and the really long Wheel Base is a bit of a dog to park (per hpb, and people we know with them)
andyd, no low range...torque converter for that...they are more SUbaru AWD than rock crawlers.
AZJeff - 10 grand, not sure on the year, might wander down tomorrow.
PimTac...not sure that "economy" is used in the same sentence as these...at least it's plain jane ULP/E10...not the 24-25MPG I get out of the Colorado.
HM12460 -hearing you...just not enough room in this part of the street (watching my workmates, Alfa 147 turbodiesel at the track toady has another want a bit more at the front end)

Yeah, far too long and no load space...that was never going to work in NZ. Very poor rear visability too...but that's a given with any car these days.

If you want to see a horror show look underneath it, I applaud Holden engineers for fitting an AWD setup in a car designed for RWD but wow.

It's a [censored] ? mess alright...bolting a cast iron diff housing to an alloy sump. But, although I don't see many, they are around and we get them in...but have never seen any AWD problems with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back