My wife gets a new(to her) ride: 2015 X1

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bride missed her 2004 X3 we sold a couple of years ago, and this X1 popped up at the BMW dealer where I used to work. It's a one owner with 30k miles on it as well as a BMW CPO warranty. It ticked all the boxes- M Sport Package, HID headlamps, heated seats, and a true ///M color- LeMans Blue. My wife is very happy; I enjoy driving the first generation X1s as well- the hydraulic steering coupled with the M Sport suspension make it a lot more fun to drive than you would expect. It has the N20 2 liter turbo four, so acceleration is adequate for a CUV and should still average 24-25 mpg. We are planning to get 8-10 years out of it.

2015 x1.jpg

E84 interior.jpg

Very nice, I just purchased a 2014 Deep Sea blue metallic , X1 with the ultimate package last month from friends re-locating back Australia. The little n20 turbo 4, 8 speed auto does quit well.

Im assuming the production date has to do with the issues with the N20 engine, I thought that was the cutoff for high strength timing components. Or the facelift started there.

Originally Posted by The Critic
Nice find.

Does yours have a build date of 4/2015 or later?

Yes- 4/2015, so it should have the upgraded chain and guides.

Nice looking ride!
I was very interested in the X1, but, unfortunately, it failed my very first in person test...loading a double ski bag with my and my daughter's longest sticks in the back with half the rear seat folded down.
My first two choices for a small SUV, the X1 and the QX50, both were ruled out by this test...it is a 100% must for me.
I thought about taking the X1 for a ride anyway but it would have been kind of pointless, and then the salesman started hammering me on buying a CPO X3 with 50kmiles for the same price and I had to get out of there.

Originally Posted by Audios
Im assuming the production date has to do with the issues with the N20 engine, I thought that was the cutoff for high strength timing components. Or the facelift started there.

Yes - for the upgrading timing chain components.

Originally Posted by MCompact
Originally Posted by The Critic
Nice find.

Does yours have a build date of 4/2015 or later?

Yes- 4/2015, so it should have the upgraded chain and guides.

Very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back