Santa arrived in a brown delivery truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
The big man has arrived and just in time! 60 degrees for the high tomorrow before we plunge back into the freezer for the weekend!

C149B145-C09C-4C5B-B27B-DAE7FA3C6655.jpeg

A329F026-AE5C-47D7-AD19-188B8AD073CA.jpeg

Originally Posted by simple_gifts
Got zinc?

An Amsoil delivery always gives me the warm fuzzies.

It's definitely got some zinc lol!

I have been noticing good reviews. Any UOA or VOA's recently. I found one from a few years ago, but nothing recent. Please let us know what you think after the OI. Ty

Originally Posted by Onetor
I have been noticing good reviews. Any UOA or VOA's recently. I found one from a few years ago, but nothing recent. Please let us know what you think after the OI. Ty

I've been using the 15w40 Marine & Diesel and if I'm correct the add pack is almost identical and that's a very stout oil, I expect similar results

The Brown Truck is Always Santa . My wife seems partially owns the brown truck and some Fed Ex vehicles.

Originally Posted by sohccammer427
Carton says: 10w30/SAE 30 Two different types in the carton?

No it is both 10w30/SAE 30, don't ask me how but by some modern marvel it behaves as both a straight grade and a multi grade

Marketing. There is no synthetic SAE30. Synthetic 30 weight has cold flow properties that would make it a 10W30.

So, it's synthetic 10W30, likely a thick one.

Originally Posted by bubbatime

Marketing. There is no synthetic SAE30. Synthetic 30 weight has cold flow properties that would make it a 10W30.

So, it's synthetic 10W30, likely a thick one.

Basically it's a synthetic 10w30 without any VII

Last edited:
Originally Posted by bubbatime

If formulated without VIIs, they can market is as SAE 30. Otherwise, no dice.
wink.gif

Did some reading awhile back....this was originally formulated as a straight 30 grade oil, but meets the specs for 10w-30.

So far it's been running pretty nice, I've put just a little over a 1k miles on the oil since last Sunday

Originally Posted by Bailes1992
Really wish I could get some of this in the UK. Would be fantastic in my entire fleet.

Anything's possible

Every time Fed Ex delivered to my home they dripped oil on my driveway . I called and complained , had to fill out forms and take pictures . 3 times i went through this pain in the arse . I guess they are so busy there is no time for vehicle maintenance . To make a long story short it just got under my skin that how many driveways in 1 day they were oiling up . My runway is about 800 ft. long so imagine how many drips im talking about .

Originally Posted by BigShug681
Originally Posted by Bailes1992
Really wish I could get some of this in the UK. Would be fantastic in my entire fleet.

Anything's possible

Tried a few options and with shipping it would be £100/~$130 a gallon. As much as I love the thought of a 10w30 with no VII, super low NOACK and a 1% limited SAPS I can't justify that sort of money on oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back