PF61 FRAM cross/oversize?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going on a '11 Colorado 3.7 I5, looking for the XG cross of course. And do they offer a over size also??

Originally Posted by Chris142
That is the oversize for the standard filter. I run that on our Tahoe.

That's the standard filter on this truck what GM calls for just wondering if there was a oversized that would work as it looks like there's room.

So there's one even smaller? wow..

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
The Fram Ultra version is XG9837, and don't know of an oversized version.

Thanks SF!

Originally Posted by mobilaltima
The smaller version is the Fram 3506, Napa Gold 1042

What is the smaller version using AC Delco?
If none exist, then there is no smaller version of the AC Delco PF 61.

Nope! I have a 2004 Colorado 3.5 five cylinder - use K&N Gold lately and I'm surprised to find out Chevy introduced a 3.7 in 2011. Sounds like you have a improved-on / bored-out 3.5 five cylinder that got expanded.

I quit AC Delco 3-4 years ago because of cold startup clatter. Does it despite the PF61 not having an ADBV. I heard the PF61E has better flow. But I've yet to buy one to try it out.

Had Colorado with the 3.5 and H3 with 3.7 ...
The 3.5 had better power/weight ...
The H3 had 4:56 gears and really could have used today's 6 speed automatic ...

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Nope! I have a 2004 Colorado 3.5 five cylinder - use K&N Gold lately and I'm surprised to find out Chevy introduced a 3.7 in 2011. Sounds like you have a improved-on / bored-out 3.5 five cylinder that got expanded.

I quit AC Delco 3-4 years ago because of cold startup clatter. Does it despite the PF61 not having an ADBV. I heard the PF61E has better flow. But I've yet to buy one to try it out.

K thanks, yea I think they moved to the 3.7 in '07

I didn't think GM used 13/16"-16 threaded filters any more.

Fram Ultra XG9837 is all you will ever, ever need

Originally Posted by Linctex

I was surprised too, thanks

I doubt that. I uninstalled my Fram Ultra after 2K, due to real bad cold startup noise. I'm even blaming that filter for restrictions that affected my standing idle when cold. My 3.5 stuttered at cold idle and stopped stuttering right after taking that Ultra off. The Ultra performance woes is why I went to the K&N ...... then all my cold start clatter and engine idle stumbles immediately stopped.

So use an Ultra on that GM Colorado 3.7, if you want. Hopefully it works better for you - than me. There are a number of GM engines that don't like the Fram Ultra.

I uninstalled my Fram Ultra after 2K, due to real bad cold startup noise. The Ultra performance woes is why I went to the K&N ...... then all my cold start clatter and engine idle stumbles immediately stopped. So use an Ultra on that GM Colorado 3.7, if you want. Hopefully it works better for you - than me. There are a number of GM engines that don't like the Fram Ultra.

That's interesting.

I wonder if anyone else with a similar engine has had similar experiences.

I uninstalled my Fram Ultra after 2K, due to real bad cold startup noise. The Ultra performance woes is why I went to the K&N ...... then all my cold start clatter and engine idle stumbles immediately stopped. So use an Ultra on that GM Colorado 3.7, if you want. Hopefully it works better for you - than me. There are a number of GM engines that don't like the Fram Ultra.

That's interesting.

I wonder if anyone else with a similar engine has had similar experiences.

Really don't see how that could happen unless the media was totally blocked off. And even then, the bypass valve would still supply oil to the engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back