Gasolingate

Status
Not open for further replies.
This should be no surprise, this is no different than the Reagan era gray market laws or the automotive platform laws that all but ban dangerous things like manual transmissions and solar roofs.

A classic case of
"Yes we meet the standard, we wrote, that defines the product we want to produce."

Good way to isolate a market and reduce competition by having a proprietary legal environment

Hope it's not true. But, Benzene is very toxic. A close friend died a very slow and painful death from Plasma Cell Leukemia. Benzene was a contributing factor. The docs at Mayo Clinic also suspected WD 40. That is what he told me.

Written in Biofuels Digest, with horrible mistakes that proofreading and editing should have caught. Written by the "Urban Air Initiative", I cannot readily find any information about who formed this 'initiative', who is on it's board, etc...

I'm with Vern. This is as much written by the corn growers as the article contends the EPA was in bed with Big Oil.

Have been reading similarly biased articles a fair bit lately, by groups with agendas.

Funny, they didn't mention the nasal cancer, and mutagenic effects of aldehydes....and I found it funny that they accused "environmental" groups of misguidedly looking at land use and fuel creation energy balance over "clean fuels"...but left out the aldehydes...

The piece on them adding heavier petroleum fractions to balance out the distillation curve is a bit suss...when given a target octane rating, that's exactly what they do themselves, add a lower grade, typically denser, fuel...especially when they get their 15% target.

Here's an example by a publication called "reneweconomy" in Oz, who were explaining that a coal plant tripped and the Tesla big battery saved the day...note the MW on the left hand scale, and the Right hand...apologies for the rubbish quality of the pic, as they've 404ed that article after receiving much criticism about the obvious bias in their representation of what's happening.

big battery.jpg

Shannow, luckily I have the originals
smile.gif

First is the "Renewable Propaganda" version, the 2nd is properly to scale.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_7cf.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_7d0.jpg

Good grief, is that terrible. What lab instructor on the planet would ever let that slide? Considering the number is probably zero, why would anyone who is capable of making a graph think this is somehow okay?

Originally Posted by Garak
Good grief, is that terrible. What lab instructor on the planet would ever let that slide? Considering the number is probably zero, why would anyone who is capable of making a graph think this is somehow okay?

It's sweet green propaganda, it doesn't have to abide by the rules. It's like that insane meme that "Denmark generated 158% of their power using clean, green, wind energy". Yup, in one 24hr period. When it was windy. The rest of the time they are utilizing their extensive interconnect network importing coal power from Germany, nuclear power from France....etc. They produce less than 40% of their power domestically using wind. And for some scale, one Ontario Nuclear Power Plant could run the entire country with excess. On top of that, they pay almost $0.50/kWh. The lunatics are running the asylum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back