Weathertech floor mats worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the laser cut weathertechs in the BMW and a similar style mat from an offroad parts company in my Jeep. They were one of the first things I purchased, as they make it much easier to keep the interior clean, especially in winter.

I bought a set when I got my new 1999 Taurus wagon. It took one year to wear a hole in the driver's side mat where my right heel rests. I've bought a few new cars since then, have used either OEM or the Costco ones instead of Weathertechs.

I just bought some this year for my older pickup, the laser cut ones. They do not fit well for the make and model I ordered them for.

We had them in the Charger and they fit extremely well, whiçh caused us to purchase them for the Durango, in which they didn't fit well. Ended up going with the Husky ones and they fit significantly better and I have those in the Jeep. Mopar now has their own liner-style mats (look like Husky) and we have those in the 1500.

I think they are average. They came with our 2018 Tiguan as part of options on sticker. They are called Monster Mats by weatherTech.

I found our Accesory Subaru similar mats in previous 2005 to be superior in the ridge height and materials.

After I wore a hole through my factory mat with my heel, I bought the fitted Weathertechs for my Suburban. I like em a lot. I take em out and scrub them when I wash the truck and I've worn the rough finish off the driver side one. I'll probably get fresh ones for the front row in the spring.

Last edited:
I like W.T. and have used them in the past but they aren't cheap, and honestly for the Caravan I bought $10 Canadian Tire generic mats.

Originally Posted by anndel
I have Weathertech laser cut versions and their ok, thin but fits fine. I prefer Fox All Weather boots like ones I have for our 1993 Toyota pickup but they no longer make for Toyotas not sure if they're still in business.

I have Husky in my 1992 Toyota pickup, and they are very good.

The don't move period because of the long spikes on the back, and it has plenty of them. Fit is spot on. And they are made thin for a reason. When using the clutch, the heel of a shoe will not rub/catch the mat when the clutch is released.

I bought a pair 25 years ago and they were tough and made in UK. I bought 2 more additional sets and they were cheap made in China. I don't have an alternate. Weathertech used to be great not any more. They succumbed to cheap products and more $$$$$$.

Originally Posted by skyactiv
There is another brand called Westin. They do make them for cars, also.
https://www.westinautomotive.com/floor-liners

Did you read the cancer warning at the bottom of their website? Yes, a chemical DEHP are in the mats. I'm guessing it's in everything. Lol! Those look like nice mats, but they have very limited makes and models. Ty

Originally Posted by bdcardinal
BTW I am bummed that the quality is meh because I want to support them since they are made in the US and Weathertech sponsors racing.

Wrong quote! Deleted

I have Weathertech's in my Ram and Husky's in my wife Impala.
Imo, the Husky's fit a little better and they cover a little bit more as well.
I paid over $250 for my Ram weathertechs and only $160 for my wife's Impala with Husky.

Husky is what will be going in my son's car this Christmas. Just waiting for the Black Friday sales in 2 days.

My wife and I have OEM rubber floor mats in our Civic's. I prefer them over weathertech. They are actual rubber, cheaper and say Civic instead of weathertech on them.

Ive had the weather tech and husky and the husky is all i get now. There better made, a little cheaper and they have a lifetime warranty where the weather tech are only 1yr i believe. THey're also made in usa .

Well........I just got my WeatherTech W337GR front mats for my 2018 reg cab RAM 1500. These are the mats not the laser cut full cover ones. Fit perfect and aren't slippery.

WeatherTechs top line for sis's 2 Cherokees (an '88 & '99) were the best. A tad dear but easily the best out there.
Her following car got a Husky product. Give those a "95".

Friend's 2016 Mazda3 had no custom product from anyone except "Maxpider 3D mats". ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL MATS.
They shipped from California-made in Taiwan, I believe-unique 3 layered construction-EXTREMELY good fit-matte/finish is solid but looks woven.
VERY HAPPY with them too.
Went with "Kagu Black" given the dark blue car.
I learned about them here. Bought the fronts, rear and cargo floor.

Need something for the recessed floor of my '07V70.
There are Rensi units but their coverage is all but limited to just the recess.
Nothing fits into the recess. Neither WeatherTech nor Husky nor Maxpider 3D makes a "laser fit" example.

The Westin website appears not to be awake on a Thanksgiving morning. I did install one of their bullbars on a 2008 Nissan Frontier once.

Cheers....and Happy Floor Protecting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back