2018 Lexus GS350 PYB SAE30 w/Redline Break in addative 2647mi 5726 total miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
BITOG Faithful,

Attached is the last ~2k run on the break in for the new Lexus. This oil was in service from 19SEP to 07NOV and 2647 miles. PYB SAE 30 with 1/2 bottle of Redline Break In addative. TG 9972 from previous oil change remained in place and had a total of 4699 miles on it as of this sample when it was removed.

New oil in was Valvoline MST 5w40 from my clearance stash and a Toyota Filter, both will remain in place until the free dealership service at 10,000 miles. I'll pull a sample of the Valvoline prior to bringing the car in for it's 10k service and report back.Overall I'm pleased with the reduction in contaminates and trend of Iron and Aluminum down as the miles accumulate.

Enjoy.

GS350 5726 pg1.jpg

GS350 5726 pg2.jpg

Looks like everything is trending very nicely, I can see why you're pleased.

I'm assuming your 3.5l is direct injection? My old RAV6 had the port injected version and my wife still has an Avalon with that engine. If memory serves me right, they gained something like 30 HP going to DI.

Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi
Looks like everything is trending very nicely, I can see why you're pleased.

I'm assuming your 3.5l is direct injection? My old RAV6 had the port injected version and my wife still has an Avalon with that engine. If memory serves me right, they gained something like 30 HP going to DI.

Yes it's D4S which is both DI and port injected, my mom has a 2013 GS350 AWD which also has D4S but is a 2GR-FSE non Atkinson cycle engine, the 2018 GS350 has the 2GR-FKS which is an on demand Atkinson cycle engine.

I'm absolutely sure the multiple early oil changes will make little or no difference to the long term health of the engine, but it makes me feel better. Also I'm old school and I've always had fantastic luck breaking in engines on Mono grade oils.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back