Amsoil PI in Capless Fuel Fords?

Was excited to try Amsoil PI for the first time. Put it in the Escape and it all poured out the filler neck and the whole thing went on the tire and the ground because I guess Amsoil didn't think to make it capless compatible... never had this problem with Techron and Gumout.

The important question... my fault for assuming it would work in a capless fuel system or is it their fault for a poorly designed container? As in, should I request replacement product or suck it up and buy another container worth if I want to use it?

I know this is insignificant but I'm having a terrible day and this didn't make me feel any better.

You should tell them via their Tech Line and they might send you a free bottle. Tell them that they should redesign the neck to be longer as you don't have a problem with the Techron one and see what they say.

They are pretty good at listening and getting back to folks: https://www.amsoil.com/techservices.aspx

Until then you can use a long narrow funnel. It's worth it IMO.

The funnel comes with the car. I have it. My point was, it should have worked fine like other fuel additives without the funnel...

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Or, use the funnel that is supplied by Ford with the vehicle for exactly this situation?

This is correct, a funnel was supplied with your vehicle. Check the spare tire well, that is where it was on my Mustang.

I always use the funnel on anything in my Fusion other than a gasoline nozzle. I figure Ford wouldn't spend the 35 cents to add it to the car if it wasn't needed.

Manufacturers are cheap, including the maker of the Amsoil bottle. Never expect things to work together, use the crutches they provide.

Its your fault. I did the same thing- I forgot about the special adapter required when not using a standard fuel pump. Mine is located right next to the spare tire.

Originally Posted by dogememe
The funnel comes with the car. I have it. My point was, it should have worked fine like other fuel additives without the funnel...

What company's additive bottles are compatible with Ford's capless fuel filler?

Yup has to go far enough in or it wont trip the filler neck open and it ran out onto the ground like the rain should.

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Or, use the funnel that is supplied by Ford with the vehicle for exactly this situation?

^^^^This^^^^

My wife’s 19 Pilot is capless. Never had an issue using PI bottles...must be a Ford thing. Just realized this thread is 2.5 years old, lol. My bad.

Back