As the saying goes. It's better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission😁

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep 15 1 gallon jugs to keep my used oil in. Keep in mind my truck holds 3 gallons alone. That way I just run to the auto parts store once a year or so and empty them. Anyways walked in with 2 gallons in my hand and he showed me where the old oil tank was and he had to unlock it. Anyways, I told the guy I had about 10 more gallons and he pulls the dipstick out and it's right at the halfway mark. He says their isn't enough room and I told him this tank holds like 300 gallons. Actually I think it was probably 500. He's like their is enough room for about 7 more. I'm sitting here thinking you have to be kidding. 15 gallons isn't even going to register on that dipstick. Lesson learned.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think 15 gallons is a whole lot considering this is bob is the oil guy and most guy hoard hundreds of gallons of NEW oil.

Lolwut? That tank holds A LOT of oil. I happily let people bring 15 gallons at once. As long as they don't drip oil across the whole store and are willing to pour it in themselves while I stand there and supervisor the operation
smile.gif

My local Autozone (where the mad bomber was arrested) only allows for 5 quarts to be dumped at a time. I told them that since my trucks take 3 gallons a piece, and some of my cars take 7-9, they can count of me never buying oil or anything else there again.

Originally Posted by AZjeff
Huh?? Your thread title has no connection to your story.....

Unless you snuck in the other jugs and got caught?

Half of what he posts belongs in the humor section
wink.gif

More important things to post about than this "attention getter" post. I take 5gallon pails of used oil to my work as Safety Kleen guy says they want as much as we can generate.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by motor_oil_madman
I don't think 15 gallons is a whole lot considering this is bob is the oil guy and most guy hoard hundreds of gallons of NEW oil.
. Hundreds of ounces.....maybe!

Originally Posted by 53' Stude

wink.gif

More important things to post about than this "attention getter" post. I take 5gallon pails of used oil to my work as Safety Kleen guy says they want as much as we can generate.

I'll keep that in mind.

wink.gif

I think OP is implying that if he had said nothing he could have brought that ten gallons in no questions asked. However, because he mentioned he had a lot more the store employee made up an excuse that would dissuade OP from bringing it there. As the saying goes, it's better to show up with twelve gallons of waste oil and beg forgiveness than bring two and imply you are bringing ten more only to get blown off.

Originally Posted by maxdustington

wink.gif

I think OP is implying that if he had said nothing he could have brought that ten gallons in no questions asked. However, because he mentioned he had a lot more the store employee made up an excuse that would dissuade OP from bringing it there. As the saying goes, it's better to show up with twelve gallons of waste oil and beg forgiveness than bring two and imply you are bringing ten more only to get blown off.

Yup. I'm as honest as they come though.

I had one of those big oil drain pans with the vent that you fill up that holds like 5 gallons that someone gave me and didn't get to empty it. I'll hit the oreillys tomorrow on my way to work and empty the rest. It's just irritating that I save the oil up to avoid driving around all over the place and yet I have to anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can say safely, my autozone lets anyone take in only 10 quarts of oil. Other Autozones may be different. My work doesnt care how much i bring in so its easier for me to do this
smile.gif

My brother and I do that all the time, I don't know how we accumulate so much oil. 15-20 gallons dumped at a time sometimes.

Originally Posted by DoubleWasp
My local Autozone (where the mad bomber was arrested) only allows for 5 quarts to be dumped at a time. I told them that since my trucks take 3 gallons a piece, and some of my cars take 7-9, they can count of me never buying oil or anything else there again.

What kind of car takes 9 gallons of oil?

I can say safely, my autozone lets anyone take in only 10 quarts of oil. Other Autozones may be different. My work doesnt care how much i bring in so its easier for me to do this
smile.gif

I hear that a lot on here, but I've never had anyone tell me in my area. There also isn't a sign in sheet most times. I think around my area their aren't that many people who change their own oil. It's all HOA mandated areas where I live that probably don't approve of that kind of thing.

Why do they have a sign in sheet anyways? I always thought it was to keep track of the amount of oil, but they have a gauge on the tanks. I've never been given a straight answer to this.

Originally Posted by Leo99
Originally Posted by DoubleWasp

What kind of car takes 9 gallons of oil?

He's saying 7-9 quarts. So basically he's saying he can't even do just one oil change and he's already over the limit of what he can bring in and has to go to multiple stores to empty it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back