2017 Audi A4 spark plug change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Audi maintenance schedule says to replace these plugs every 40k miles and I was sweating it out when I didnt get around to it until 45k. Still look good to me. Thoughts?
Plugs are 1 thought 4 from left to right.

20181118_220000.jpg

20181118_220042.jpg

20181118_220100.jpg

20181118_220112.jpg

20181118_220124.jpg

They look good but worn. The reason they could be an issue is as it wears the difference in gap from new to old can put stress on the coil packs.
In the case of a Ford mentioned on here that can cause it to blow a fuse as it draws more current to fire the plug with a wider gap.

Last edited:
I didn't think to check the gap of the old ones just verified that the new Bosch pre gapped ones were indeed the 7mm that they stated. Will check on the old ones.

Originally Posted by dbias
I didn't think to check the gap of the old ones just verified that the new Bosch pre gapped ones were indeed the 7mm that they stated. Will check on the old ones.

Bosch doesn't list a spark plug for the A4 2.0T

the stock plugs are made by NGK, PLFER7A8EG

Originally Posted by UG_Passat
Originally Posted by dbias

Bosch doesn't list a spark plug for the A4 2.0T

the stock plugs are made by NGK, PLFER7A8EG

BOSCH 8160

Originally Posted by Gasbuggy
What's with that short schedule VW uses?

It's too short in my opinion.
I think VAG does it in case you have an engine that burns oil.

I changed them as specified in the owners manual for my wifes A4 at 35K and they looked good.
Oddly, the interval increases to 40K after the first spark plug change.
The engine in my GTI is very similar to her engine and has a 60K interval. The plugs in my GTI looked good when I changed them, but I did mine at 50K.

I use NGK plugs in both cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back