Keyless Remote Replacement Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up a new Keyless Remote Case last night from O'reillys and I can"t get it to work. I've switched it out twice and it still wont work. It looks identical to the original and of good quality. The only difference I noticed is the buttons depress much further. Anyone else have a problem with these ?

I'm not sure exactly you purchased. Is it a "case" that you insert your remote into or an actual replacement remote?

Yes....It's just the Case...you take the old circuit board and battery out of the old remote and put it into a new case.

I have seen those at the O'reilly near me, as well as the Autozone. Not sure what value they have compared to just buying a new remote and programming it, but they must have some kind of value.

What kind of car is this for?

Battery isn't making contact or the circuit board or a solder joint is cracked.

Originally Posted by dishdude

Works fine in the OLD case. Doesn't work in the NEW case.

Originally Posted by Warstud

You disturbed everything by moving it into the new case. Take a close look at that board!

Originally Posted by Warstud

You disturbed everything by moving it into the new case. Take a close look at that board!

I got it working....the V wire that makes contact with the battery needed bending up to make contact with the circuit board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back