Havoline introduces boxed oil to Walmart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wemay

Site Donor 2023
So far only the Syn blnd HM...

20181118_093213.jpg

Last edited:
Cool, good price too ... and my Durango takes exactly 6 quarts, however wouldnt be worth the trouble with the other cars, hate having 1+ quarts of oil left over. (first thoughts anyway)

Right now Im using conv. Chevron Supreme 5/30 in my wife's Mazda Skyactive and my 4.7 liter Durango and cost $12.42 for 5 quart cont. delivered to my house with Walmart.

Im not seeing the boxed oil in their website, but we do have two Walmart supers centers right near us, will check it out. Worth it for the 6 quarts for the Durgano for sure.

Last edited:
What i find interesting is that you now get 6qts for $15.47 vs 5qts.

My local Walmart store has had it on the shelves since early Spring of this year.

The regular black box is only $13.97 for six quarts. That's cheaper than SuperTech conventional quart wise.

Back in the day, when it was owned by Texaco, it was all I ever used.

But what do we do with the old oil? Is it possible to put it back in this kind of container to be recycled? I always put it back in the bottle and give it back to store.

Originally Posted by Warstud
Just when you realize Havoline oil is a good value.....they give you another quart.

And that's the regular retail price, not even a roll back. Works out to roughly $2.50 p/qt for a blend.

I'd go for oil in a box. But I wonder how accurately one could tell how much oil is left in the bag. How do they replace the window with quart/liter scale on the side of the jug?

Could one of the motivators for retailers be cheaper shipping costs? It seems that the same amount of oil should pack in less space with the box versus the jugs.

Originally Posted by BHopkins
I'd go for oil in a box. But I wonder how accurately one could tell how much oil is left in the bag. How do they replace the window with quart/liter scale on the side of the jug?

Could one of the motivators for retailers be cheaper shipping costs? It seems that the same amount of oil should pack in less space with the box versus the jugs.

If its anything like the large eco boxes, there is no way to tell beside picking it up and guessing.
I would bet that its cheaper to produce the eco boxes, then the jugs. Also the shipping thing.

Originally Posted by BHopkins

Keep a Rotella white jug handy to use as a measuring tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back