The Z got hurt today :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was going down a 6 lane (three lanes on each side) road,heading home,about two blocks from my house. I was approaching an intersection that has a 4 lane (two lanes on each side) street. This stupid [censored] waiting in the turning lane across the other side of the intersection (it has a yellow flashing arrow allowing cars to turn,having to yield to the right of way,which was me) and turns right in front of me right as I'm almost in the middle of the intersection. Speed limit is 45mph,which is the exact speed I was going.

The passenger side front of my car hits her rear passenger wheel,breaking her axle. There was actually a Houston police officer waiting at the intersection who witnessed the accident,and called the local police.

The check engine light is on,engine stumbles and feels like it's running on one cylinder. No fluids are leaking at all. I babied it back home. All gauges are reading normal.

I called her insurance and started the process. They never called me back today,so I'll be calling them back first thing in the morning.

wreck1.jpg

wreck2.jpg

wreck3.jpg

wreck4.jpg

wreck5.jpg

wreck6.jpg

You need to call your insurance asap, as they require. Her insurance does not respond, then you need your insurance to go after them. You will get uninsured coverage, then later if they collect you get your deductible back. If you do not call your insurance you may get nothing. If fact her insurance can declare you at fault and come after you. This has happened.Usually a call to the state insurance commissioner will sort it, Usually.

Rod

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ragtoplvr
You need to call your insurance asap, as they require. Her insurance does not respond, then you need your insurance to go after them. You will get uninsured coverage, then later if they collect you get your deductible back. If you do not call your insurance you may get nothing. If fact her insurance can declare you at fault and come after you. This has happened.Usually a call to the state insurance commissioner will sort it, Usually.

Rod

That's actually what I did first,called my insurance co (Allstate). They instructed me to call her insurance co (Geico) and file a claim,which I did. I did this about 10 min after the accident occurred.

Ouch! Well you have a great witness. So there is no dispute of fault. I'm glad no one was hurt in the crash. I hope everything works out for you and your Z...Best wishes!

Originally Posted by ragtoplvr

Rod

Exact thing happened to me, the other persons insurance found me at fault.

Glad your ok....car can be fixed. I visited my daughter in Plano 2 yrs ago. I've never seen anything like Dallas/Fort Worth.Plano traffic. If your not moving 1 second after the light turns green you just about get run over.

So sorry to hear! Unfortunately, that's probably totaled.

But you might be able to fight for the value, and pay the difference out of pocket since I know you love that car. It's probably still reasonably fixable.

Was it your local office that said to call her insurance or the 1-800 number? Call the 1-800 number for Allstate to file the claim and go through your insurance. They will get reimbursed from hers. Geico are TOTAL CHEAPSKATES, my dads done auto-body repair for 30 years and he has always said they're the worst to get them to pay actual costs to repair a car. They'll scrimp on every plastic clip and pay for the cheapest of the cheap parts.

Insurance sure is a strange beast there.. here, I call "my" company, and "they" do all the leg work - that's what I pay them for!

All that I aside though, I hope it resolves quickly and painlessly.

My heart hurts for the "Z"! Poor baby. Hope she gets fixed quickly, and the dumb@$$ who you hit gets reamed with high insurance costs.

Good luck with everything, and keep us informed.

Originally Posted by Nick1994
So sorry to hear! Unfortunately, that's probably totaled.

But you might be able to fight for the value, and pay the difference out of pocket since I know you love that car. It's probably still reasonably fixable.

Was it your local office that said to call her insurance or the 1-800 number? Call the 1-800 number for Allstate to file the claim and go through your insurance. They will get reimbursed from hers. Geico are TOTAL CHEAPSKATES, my dads done auto-body repair for 30 years and he has always said they're the worst to get them to pay actual costs to repair a car. They'll scrimp on every plastic clip and pay for the cheapest of the cheap parts.

Doubtful. It's a car in great shape and the value of Z32s are steadily rising.

I'd look for every closed auction I could find and start building a portfolio for your car's value.

He's already called his insurance agent, and that is why he needs to deal with directly. Geico can try to cheap out, but he, through Allstate, should not let them. You should also seek a decent payment for diminished value.

Be attentive to any aches and pains you may have. Don't hesitate to visit your doctor to get something on record in case something goes awry months from now.

Very sorry you have to go through this aggravation. We got a call yesterday from friends that T-boned someone that ran a red light at a similar speed as yours. He died.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back