Blower motor recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon BITOGERS. I noticed this morning that the blower motor whines a bit on low speed.

What is a good blower motor brand or should i just get OEM?

09' Camry SE with 2.5 4cyl also is the car

Thank You

Oil? In 80s cars, the sintered bronze bushings just up the oil pressed into them. You may get lucky oiling them with a telescoping oiler that ACe hardware sells.
grin2.gif

In 2017 I bought a blower motor from RA made by "4 Seasons" for $41.00 and it worked just like OEM. Unfortunately my jeep died a few months later so I can't comment on longevity.

I bought an OEM replacement 4 years before that for $181.00 and it only lasted 4 years. Around the same time I tried one from AA that whistled like crazy as did its replacement. Don't remember the brand.

Originally Posted by fcjeep
In 2017 I bought a blower motor from RA made by "4 Seasons" for $41.00 and it worked just like OEM. Unfortunately my jeep died a few months later so I can't comment on longevity.

I bought an OEM replacement 4 years before that for $181.00 and it only lasted 4 years. Around the same time I tried one from AA that whistled like crazy as did its replacement. Don't remember the brand.

Thanks for the info. I'll check around and OEM i can get for cost price thru work

I had an after market "Parts Master" blower last 3 years. The original lasted 12 years.
Oiling the bearings in the OEM unit may allow the motor to last a few more years.

I get a TYC from Amazon for my tacoma. Its OK but make a ticking sound on high speeds. It seems to be a common problem with any fan for the Tacoma. Even OEM.

Just living with it for now.... but its a year old and still ticking..... well you know what I mean.
smile.gif

OEM is likely the best. But I installed a TYC brand in a friends old Toyota truck, which was bought from Amazon for less than $40.00, last year. It fit and looked just like the OEM, utilized the OEM plug. It's possible it is slightly louder than a new OEM blower fan. But it is hard to say without comparing new versions of both.

The OEM blower fan would have cost over 4 times more. My friend is happy with it.

Originally Posted by danez_yoda
I get a TYC from Amazon for my tacoma. Its OK but make a ticking sound on high speeds. It seems to be a common problem with any fan for the Tacoma. Even OEM.

Just living with it for now.... but its a year old and still ticking..... well you know what I mean.
smile.gif

Long as it doesnt give up ghost til late April LOL

I put a TYC in a family members Trailblazer when I replaced the blower motor resistor and pigtail. It's only been a few months but it seems to be doing ok so far. It is a little louder than the OEM blower but it's not too loud.

Yeah I have installed TYC in two of the cars I have, a scion and a civic. They developed noise, but TYC replaced them under warranty and haven't had any issues since. I did measure the OEM fan blades and compared them to the TYC. The TYC were slight longer and wider. That resulted in more air flow through the vents! For once, aftermarket did take a design and improve upon it!

So yep, my vote is for a TYC blower fan..
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back