ALL Band Solid State Receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

MolaKule

Staff member
I purchased an "All Band" receiver from TECSUN of Australia, Model PL-310et. My older Sony all band (which I "loved") unfortunately started discharging batteries rather quickly and then went completely dead.

This receiver receives the AM Broadcast band (MW band from 522 to 1710 kHz), the FM Band (from 64 to 108 MHz), the LF, (LW band from 153 to 513 kHz), and the SW band (from 2.3 MHz to 21.950 MHz). Power is 3 AA cells or USB recharging rechargeable AA's.

It is the most sensitive all band receiver I have ever had and you can set the AM BC bandwidth at either 9kHz (EU) or 10kHz (NA).

It also comes with an Australian "ARDXC" news letter which is quite interesting as well, since it contains a "logging" of shortwave stations heard by members of the club.

Price shipped to the US? About $75.00 USD and well worth it in my opinion.

Originally Posted by Greggy_D
Is this the same one for $48? (For those looking for a deal.)

https://www.amazon.com/TECSUN-PL-310ET-Stereo-World-allnice/dp/B0104J57GS

Same one and if you can get a new one for that price, go for it!
banana2.gif

What do you listen to?
Most of the time I'm listening to content on an old iPod classic.
I'd listen to more youtube but I don't want to pay $10/GB cellular data.
I'm (mildly) shocked that whatever FM I used to listen to in So Cal has all gone foreign language.
AM talk and news remains, and what I use my car radio for.

I have an old Realistic portable in the garage, but with 6 D cells it's tank-heavy.
I'm much more likely to get out the adapter box for my iPod classic if I need to listen to something while wrenching.

Originally Posted by BobsArmory
So I'm not a radio guy. but am intrigued. What would I listen to with this radio?

Anything you wanted to.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by spackard
What do you listen to?
Most of the time I'm listening to content on an old iPod classic.
I'd listen to more youtube but I don't want to pay $10/GB cellular data.
I'm (mildly) shocked that whatever FM I used to listen to in So Cal has all gone foreign language.
AM talk and news remains, and what I use my car radio for.

I have an old Realistic portable in the garage, but with 6 D cells it's tank-heavy.
I'm much more likely to get out the adapter box for my iPod classic if I need to listen to something while wrenching.

Well, being an Amateur Radio Operator I listen to mostly the "ham' SW bands and AM (MW band) BC.

I especially like Zoomer Radio out of Ontario Canada on 740 AM:

http://www.zoomerradio.ca/

I detest the FM trash which is overprocessed. I also do not like the MP3 audio; not faithful and over-processed as well.

I also have a TECSUN, but (many years older) with fewer features.

I can also vouch for their quality & value.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
I had this one:

Nice.
thumbsup2.gif

TEcsun has about dozen or more variations of radios.

Last edited:
I'm also a ham guy. I enjoy listening to international news on HF (shortwave), particularly from hostile countries like Russia and North Korea. It's all BS propaganda, but lots of fun to listen to.

Originally Posted by MolaKule
Anything you wanted to.
smile.gif

That sort of thing is so much harder to find these days. Radio Shack left Canada years back, and The Source, it's replacement, is not quite as interesting. We used to have a place here called Radio Supply, where you could probably build something from the ground up with tubes, even, if you were so inclined, but he's long retired, if I recall correctly. There's one place here that certainly serves hobbyists, but is more geared to industry and professionals.

Going off topic a bit...

I still have this classic from my youth. It was fun listening to radio from around the world. I also did HAM radio back in the 70's, but never went beyond my novice status and morse code on a Heathkit.
[Linked Image]

Thanks for starting this thread!

Originally Posted by BobsArmory
Would you recommend using an antenna like the sangean ANT-60 short wave antenna with this radio?

That would certainly improve reception.

I made mine but using a mono 1/8" plug and a long wire.

The important thing is to get as much wire outside the house as possible and away from internal house wiring in the walls.

For best sounding Am i mainly use a recapped GE p780 radio.

Also use Crane CCradio 2.

For SW its my Icom r75 or the my Amateur IC-7200.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back