Tranny Shudder at idle in drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't the specific re-learn procedure some OE's have. This is driving it and hoping the adaptive logic takes care of it. Quite different and in most cases requires a factory/dealer scan-tool to put it into this mode followed by specific driving at certain speeds at certain fluid temperatures etc.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by clinebarger
A shudder without the vehicle moving is most likely NOT the transmission!!!!!

You sure? I thought that was a definite showing of torque converter shutter.

All parameters of electronics and engine seems normals. Engine sounds good pulls good. No signs of engine mount damage, the engine does not shake/shift. The shudder definitely coming from trans.

You know what I think it is guys? That bottle of Lubegard Red I put in there. I guess if it doesn't need it than don't add it. I'm probably gonna drain and fill again with maxlife and no lubegard and see how it goes

I did add a bottle of dr tranny shudder fixx. It still shudder but now it's a more mellow shudder, but now when I let off the brakes to step on the gas and go, there's a slight semi pause, kinda hard to explain, most people wouldn't know if they drove my car but I know and can feel the difference. So I guess the lubegard products did the opposite of what they're suppose to do. Time to drain and fill and start over

When flushing through the radiator hose, can I turn on the engine and let all the fluid flow out, or should I cut the engine off every 2 liters and do it that way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back