Kubota Super UDT2 alternative?

In my kubota it calls for Kubota Super Udt2 brand oil in the hydraulic and drive system. It takes right at 14 gallons and I changed once. Nearing the 200 hour mark I will change again. I'm finicky about doing the first couple changes early to get any break in contaminants out. I paid almost $80k for this tractor and want it to last. I'm a big MOBIL 1 fan and was just wandering it there was a tractor hydraulic fluid that crossed from the kubota super UDT2? VALVOLINE blends this hydraulic fluid for kubota btw.......
There is not much literature available on the kubota oil which leads me to believe its not a synthetic. If some of the experts can find some info on this oil for me I would appreciate it. If it turns out to be synthetic I may just stay with the kubota brand, problem is that it's so [censored] expensive!

Originally Posted by Jmoney7269
In my kubota it calls for Kubota Super Udt2 brand oil in the hydraulic and drive system. It takes right at 14 gallons and I changed once. Nearing the 200 hour mark I will change again. I'm finicky about doing the first couple changes early to get any break in contaminants out. I paid almost $80k for this tractor and want it to last. I'm a big MOBIL 1 fan and was just wandering it there was a tractor hydraulic fluid that crossed from the kubota super UDT2? VALVOLINE blends this hydraulic fluid for kubota btw.......
There is not much literature available on the kubota oil which leads me to believe its not a synthetic. If some of the experts can find some info on this oil for me I would appreciate it. If it turns out to be synthetic I may just stay with the kubota brand, problem is that it's so [censored] expensive!

There is nothing as far as I know that's as good as Kubota Super Udt2, some people tried and got into deep & expensive trouble. Stick to the original fluid.

Last edited:
Ask if your dealer will give you a bulk discount. If you're the guy with the nice M that I think you are, I'm guessing the dealer will be willing to bend over a bit for you.

For warranty purposes, I would stick with UDT2 personally.

Interesting to see Valvoline blends their hydraulic fluid. I bought 2 jugs of UDT for my 5200 and to me it resembles an XOM jug.

There is no alternative. Use aftermarket oil and filters including transmission filters but do not cheap out on the UDT2. P

We switched to UTD in the hyd system and T6 in the engine in the L 5030 because we use it year round. In cold temps it spins over faster and starts better. This 2006 tractor had 1000hrs on it when we bought it 2012 and I am sure it will not last like the 49 Farmall C we`ve owned since 1970 not that this a fair comparison. Since these hydraulic systems are so complex and expensive to repair it makes sence to use the best oils.

Thanks for the help yall.....
I used to work for mustang Caterpillar in Houston. It's just a common thing for us old school mechanics to change fluids after the first 8-20 hrs of severe operation. A friend of mine that works has worked for kubota for years says that he recommends fluid changes at the first 8-20 hours and then at 100 later. The first fluid change was needed. Lots of bur metals were in the filters and the magnets. Fluid was clear with barely any gray color which is good. I guess the only way to explain my thoughts on this to revert to the old adage of doctors which was "enemas until clear"....... so same thing with fluids. Change them until they are clear..... I may be overthinking this a little but it definitely cant hurt anything IMHO

Which tractor and transmission do you have? It was my understanding that the old glide shifts did better with UDT2 as did some of the small hst tractors? I'm kind of surprised an larger Ag tractor needs UDT2, but maybe they got some interesting mechanicals or recommend a longer fluid change interval.

Back