M1 10W40HM, 10K 2009 Toyota Camry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by dblshock
not all bad, this was one of the 'sludge monsters' no? on paper that 10/40 HM is an exceptional oil.

Supposedly a sludge monster yeah. For a SN HM oil, i was surprised. I think moly and boron were from run before which was SN QSUD 5W30

Originally Posted by Onetor
You may want to consider asking the moderators to delete your initial pic with your personal data. Don't want it archived? etc. Thanks for posting, as always.

Already asked that

Originally Posted by Leo99
Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Now, delete the first pic...

Any particular reason you're running that molasses in the Camry?
coffee2.gif

Umm, i currently have Harvest King synblend 5w20 in the Camry now. I got the oil over a year ago for $1/quart and obviously it didnt hurt anything

I didn't think it would harm a thing. I also thing all the angst on site about viscosity is overblown.

Happy Veteran's Day.

Thank You sir
smile.gif

Yeah, I'll give M1 5w20 a shot after a 5-6k run on HK 5W20

Again it looks good. Im in the thought it is better to go up in grade rather then go down. You are not going to starve your engine with a 40 grade.

Originally Posted by dave1251
Again it looks good. Im in the thought it is better to go up in grade rather then go down. You are not going to starve your engine with a 40 grade.

Good point and i had no issues in late winter with the oil on startup

Last edited:
Originally Posted by DuckRyder
Are these known to have high FE, because that seems like a lot of FE.

Thank You for posting.

I am not totally sure. I'm honestly impressed a bit and whats the allowable fe limit per 1k miles?

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Now, delete the first pic...

Any particular reason you're running that molasses in the Camry?
coffee2.gif

Umm, i currently have Harvest King synblend 5w20 in the Camry now. I got the oil over a year ago for $1/quart and obviously it didnt hurt anything

I didn't think it would harm a thing. I also thing all the angst on site about viscosity is overblown.

Happy Veteran's Day.

^^^^^^^

Well said. And what Garak and Dave said was really good too.

Keep on rolling Capt
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Linctex
Worst case that can happen is oil filters start arriving from all kinds of random sources

I'm not random in any way. I think I've sent Adam about 30 filters, all told.

Adam, PPM per 1k is usually best used when trending your past UOAs... if you go back and see your engine was around 1ppm/1k on all older ones, and this fill was 3.2ppm, depending on your sample size it may or may not be out of control "statistically speaking". One thing of note, Overkill has posted several times that it seems Mobil may be chelating (chemically separating) some iron that had ended up in the nooks and crannies of your engine. I can't validate that for sure, but it seems mostly logical. 32ppm of iron does seem kind of high for a Toyota engine, however.

Thanks Chris:)

I wonder if the lil' consumption this engine has maybe affected the iron #'s. Still runs great is the funny thing
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back