RAM 1500 snow shoes

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
Ordered these last week. 17" steelies w/P265/70R17 Michelin Latitude X-Ice Xi2's on them (same tires we had on the Durango), had them installed yesterday, just in time for the snow storm we are expecting tonight. I'm expecting excellent performance. Already, wet traction is massively better than the stock Goodyear rubber.

IMG_0900.jpg

Sick! I like the look. What are the wheels from? They look like Charger pursuit wheels. Or are they just OE knockoffs? Either way they look great.

I have to snap a picture of the Cadillac on the winter steelies... something about steel rims just gives it a winter vibe.

Looks good! I just put a set of Xi2's on the Outback, but on some old Mazda3 5 spoke alloy rims. I think its cool that these tires are better than alot of 3 season tires in the wet and for noise too.

Other than the big old wheel weight on the front wheel, it looks fine. Of course that wasn't an issue when we weren't going for a blacked out look (which I like - my own truck has nearly no chrome either.)

Originally Posted by 14Accent
Sick! I like the look. What are the wheels from? They look like Charger pursuit wheels. Or are they just OE knockoffs? Either way they look great.

I have to snap a picture of the Cadillac on the winter steelies... something about steel rims just gives it a winter vibe.

They are OE steelies, I bought the combo from the dealer. I think they look pretty decent too
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted by IndyIan
Looks good! I just put a set of Xi2's on the Outback, but on some old Mazda3 5 spoke alloy rims. I think its cool that these tires are better than alot of 3 season tires in the wet and for noise too.

Agreed!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by MNgopher
Other than the big old wheel weight on the front wheel, it looks fine. Of course that wasn't an issue when we weren't going for a blacked out look (which I like - my own truck has nearly no chrome either.)

Thanks for pointing that out, LOL! I guess I should have got them to use the stick-on weights eh?

I couldn't resist - the truck looks good and then my eye went there...
lol.gif
The weight will weather a bit, so it won't be so bad and they are steelies after all.

Looks great and she'll be like a tank in the snow with snow tires and 4x4!

I just put these Ram 1500 steelies on my 2017 a few days ago. It's a full factory setup off a 2015 I'm told. The date code on the goodyear wranglers is 2015. I got them from FB marketplace. I like the old school look. I think they're the same as yours, just different paint and center caps. Are the Ram center caps not available in black?

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by OVERKILL
No idea on the centre caps, I didn't ask...

There's not a whole lot to them anyway.

The lug nuts hold them in place. The black lug nuts I have are eBay one piece cheapies. They were like $20 shipped for 20.

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
thumbsup2.gif

We recycled the ones from the Durango, since they are the same part number. So they are OEM ones that will eventually swell and fail.

Update:

Had the truck out in the snow storm. I know it's a different vehicle, but ice performance is definitely a lot better than the i-Pike's on the Jeep, which was the same as my observation about these Michelin's on the Durango. Stopping performance is incredible. My wife is extremely happy with them to the point where, due to the snow yesterday, she moved the Jeep (we normally trade out vehicles, take whichever one is at the end of the driveway) and took the truck because she doesn't like how the Hankook tires slide around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back