oil light oddity

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I start the engine, the oil light comes on and stays on as i idle and start to move. at this point, i stopped the engine, and waited a few seconds and restarted the engine. The oil light came on at startup and goes off right away like usual, after turning the engine off and restarting it.
Engine sounds fine. Engine is a 3.8L V6 in a 2004 Chrysler Town and Country minivan, with 135K miles. I did a recent oil change 50 -75 miles ago, and oil level is up to full mark.
Any ideas why this is happening? I drove the vehicle after this happened,and everything else was normal; engine runs smooth and quiet.
Thanks.

Bad oil filter? What oil filter are you using?

Did that only happen once or more than once? If it keeps doing that I would swap out the oil filter abd cut it open.

I have a 2004 Jeep Liberty with the 3.9L V6 that does the same thing. However it did it prior to and after and oil and filter change. What I have noticed is it only does it in cooler weather. I believe it is the oil pressure sending unit and just have not gotten around to changing it.

Originally Posted by foresthawk
Engine is in a 2004 Chrysler.

I think this explains everything.

I have fought long and hard against the strangest, weirdest electrical issues in Chrysler/Dodge vehicles over the years.

Originally Posted by Linctex
Originally Posted by foresthawk
Engine is in a 2004 Chrysler.

I think this explains everything.

I have fought long and hard against the strangest, weirdest electrical issues in Chrysler/Dodge vehicles over the years.

My favorite was the Omni with a missing ground strap. The next path was through the wheel bearings!

Bad sensor, loose sensor wire, bad/corroded/loose ground strap. Check, and burnish your ground straps.

Find the sensor, remove the plug and check wires and connection. If problems continue, heck, those things are cheap enough to fire through the parts cannon.
[Linked Image]

Oil Sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back