Rotella T6 5w40, 3750km OCI, 2010 STI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second report on my STI is still showing high iron wear (possibly increasing).

Not great news seeing as I just ordered a flex fuel kit for about $3 grand and was hoping to get some more power going.

I will have my shop do some diagnostic work to see if they can find the source of the iron, before proceeding with the upgrades.

Car runs great otherwise.

First report here: Motul Xcess

STI Report 2.jpg

Originally Posted by mcwilly
...and was hoping to get some more power going....

That can easily be your source of extra wear. Do you drive the car like it owes you a good time?

Try Hyper-Lube Zinc replacement. It's an ester based Extreme Pressure additive. Molakule has written great comments about this additive. Or you can try Redline group V. But, it's a bit expensive. Check ebay or O'reilly's for Hyper Lube. No longer on amazon.

Some of the smarter people on here have stated that an UOA cannot determine engine wear. Unless you have a least 30 or more.

Hah yes these days she is quite spoiled. A lot of her miles are highway cruising, I like to put her through the full range of RPMs at least once each time I go for a drive but always very warm before. She has a few bolt ons currently with about 40hp over stock.

8 years ago when I first purchased the car was a different story, knowing nothing about cars. Turn the key and put the pedal to the floor and lots of city driving.

But I would think that wear should be trending down from those days.

Likely corrosion wear is quite significant in this oil sample with one year in use in Canada and with low mileage use.
Is the previous UOA with one year too ?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Onetor
Try Hyper-Lube Zinc replacement. It's an ester based Extreme Pressure additive. Molakule has written great comments about this additive. Or you can try Redline group V. But, it's a bit expensive. Check ebay or O'reilly's for Hyper Lube. No longer on amazon.

Some of the smarter people on here have stated that an UOA cannot determine engine wear. Unless you have a least 30 or more.

One of the few additives that is more than just an oil thickener. This stuff has a very high viscosity in the bottle, but Molakule has said that at 1 oz/quart it is synergistic with the oil and does not thicken it at all. It is very polar so it will help the oil cling and increases its film strength.

Originally Posted by zeng
Likely corrosion wear is quite significant in this oil sample with one year in use in Canada and with low mileage use.
Is the previous UOA with one year too ?

Yes it takes me over a year to rack up 3-4k kms. When not in use she is in a heated garage.

Have Terry Dyson look at your analysis. There are a couple of guys using him on IWSTI and they are very happy with his services.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back