5McJlPTnSW22jIVS1QaujQ.jpg

X3V1sS2OSIiGDB%%3q9xFg.jpg

vO20HjTcSp6oakhvxKZ%1A.jpg

mUp6gHQ6TkSX2XBhlpKYHQ.jpg

EbOgbJGRS6qGg7WISVa0nw.jpg

Nd0zLvNTQwaqj3mytf6p5w.jpg

wi8K4Mo5Stixm5Ga6HguXA.jpg

so easy; just crush it on the sides then pull media out

it is first time for me to do synthetic oil basically on my old car; first oil was SuperTech synthetic HM; second fill I used Mobil1 synthetic HM;

I'm surprised how clean the medias was the most and it just demonstrates how this DuraTech is clean inside and how they are well build overall

Originally Posted by miden851
it is first time for me to do synthetic oil basically on my old car; first oil was SuperTech synthetic HM; second fill I used Mobil1 synthetic HM;

I'm surprised how clean the medias was the most and it just demonstrates how this DuraTech is clean inside and how they are well build overall

I take it this is off your 2008 Mazda?

Thanks

Originally Posted by blupupher
How did you get the media apart? Did the end caps just pull off?

It's a fram they just fall off.
lol.gif
J/K

Originally Posted by 53' Stude

Thanks

Yes sir;

Mazda has the cartridge filter while Honda has its own enclosed

Originally Posted by 53' Stude

Thanks

Yes sir;

Mazda has the cartridge filter while Honda has its own enclosed

Very good and Thank You sir
smile.gif

Confusing at first look! Why put a Supertech oil filter box below that Fram filter? That makes it appear as-if it's a Supertech filter with a Fram top-cap.

C'mon! Lets not add not-needed confusion and question marks to these filter dissections.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Confusing at first look! Why put a Supertech oil filter box below that Fram filter? That makes it appear as-if it's a Supertech filter with a Fram top-cap.

C'mon! Lets not add not-needed confusion and question marks to these filter dissections.

Not a ST box, its a ST OIL JUG
wink.gif

If it wasn't an Ultra the talk would be all about how easy the caps came off, and that's no good. Motorking himself stated once they have to use metal retainer caps on the Ultra because of bonding. Then they came out with cartridges like these. Oh well they do hold up in the engine most of the time, there were some earlier ones that separated. Telling it like it is, is fun with all brands.
laugh.gif

What a fantastic looking ultra! Man I love those filters and always look forward to seeing the C&P's of them. Thank you for posting!

Originally Posted by goodtimes
If it wasn't an Ultra the talk would be all about how easy the caps came off, and that's no good. Motorking himself stated once they have to use metal retainer caps on the Ultra because of bonding. Then they came out with cartridges like these. Oh well they do hold up in the engine most of the time, there were some earlier ones that separated. Telling it like it is, is fun with all brands.
laugh.gif

No longer any issue at all. The cartridge Ultra filters are deep "potted" into the plastic end caps. No issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back