What your to go filter for every vehicles 1 oil filter 1 oil change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lately I have none . Usually Wix, but now wix at my local oreilly is almost $9 , was around 5-6 dollar. FU / wix xp can go 2 oil change, but I like idea of change filter every oil change. I like 5k miles or 6 month oil change. before winter and end of winter.

back then every one here order napa gold for under $5 online, I forgot what the site name.

I wish I just stick with 1 brand name, but seem like none is perfect.

Changing out every 5k? Microguard, ecoguard, premium guard, ur anti ocod (dunno why it looks quite good) so I won't include that, supertech. Keep it simple bro

Originally Posted by PlzRepond
Changing out every 5k? Microguard, ecoguard, premium guard, ur anti ocod (dunno why it looks quite good) so I won't include that, supertech. Keep it simple bro

i seen Scotty Kilmer talk about Premium guard, also ecoguard, where do you get these local from ?

Originally Posted by MetalSlug
What is your go-to filter for every vehicles 1 oil filter 1 oil change..

Whatever I bought on Rockauto for $1.08 .... which is about all I ever pay for their "close-out" oil filters

The Premium Guard are found at Federated Auto and AutoZone.... At AZ the STP filters are Premium Guard potentially. At my AZs they are PGs.

Federated Auto filters are actually a good price. $5.39 for the black Extended Life filter that is 98 percent at twenty microns.

Lately I have none . Usually Wix, but now wix at my local oreilly is almost $9 , was around 5-6 dollar. FU / wix xp can go 2 oil change, but I like idea of change filter every oil change. I like 5k miles or 6 month oil change. before winter and end of winter.

back then every one here order napa gold for under $5 online, I forgot what the site name.

I wish I just stick with 1 brand name, but seem like none is perfect.

Your Wix can do 10-12K. I'm approaching 9K on the new-style Supertech and no issues. About to change to the new Fram Extra Guard and will run that at-least 8K. Many manufacturers now suggest changing oil filters every-other oil change.

The rule of thumb, learned from our fathers / grandfathers, has changed.

with supertech changing vendors and now the Microgards are almost 5 bucks a filter and Not being a big fram fan I've been looking to buy Wix in masterpacks and I had found a good deal through napa to order online and pick up in store but before i put the order in a couple days later the price jumped from 3.79 filter to 7.49 a filter so it must have been a sale thing that i missed out on. Oh well I'll try to pay more attention to it next time so Instead I recently ordered 10 Protec filters from rockauto which are wix made and looked exactly like the old white supertechs.

I do have a few other brand filters that i bought on sale or close out prices that i need to use up first, but both my explorers my 2 cars and truck all take the same filter along with several of my families vehicles so the filters do get used up in a fair amount of time.

So for me its probably going to be consolidated down to wix or offbrand wix made filters as i phase out my arsenal of quakerstate, motorcraft and bosch filters and a few defense filters.

Honestly, probably the Extra Guard for my stuff. It's the most well rounded in terms of variety and price. Vehicles and garden tractors. WIX filters are probably the runner up for air and oil. Their filter lookup is user friendly and I just type the p/n's in at Rock Auto. I bought WIX air, fuel and transmission filters for my Kubotas last weekend.

Her car uses a somewhat rare cartridge that the local Walmart charges $27 for the Ultra version. It's over $10 for the low tier WIX version. No thanks. It's Mann or Mahle from Rock Auto for me. I just buy 4 or so at a time.

I did get the new Ecore SuperTech filter for my truck to try out in the next few weeks or so.

Last edited:
The past few years it has been the Fram Ultra. I did however use a Mobil 1 filter recently for my 88 E-150. It was the last of the M1 filters I had.

OEM in multipack. I get toyota OEM for ~ $5 / filter in packs of 5 if I hunt on Ebay. Then I worry about it every ~2 years.

Else I dont mind a motorcraft (FL400S) or supertech filter that has been cut open. Puralator is the only one I dont consider due to tearing issues.

Online there is Fleet Filters, FMS Filters and Discount Fleet Supply for WIX, NAPA GOLD

Last edited:
Lately I have none . Usually Wix, but now wix at my local oreilly is almost $9.

I see you're a BITOGer of great taste. I too have banned $9 WIX filters at O'Reilly. Try doing what I do, order a bunch of them from Amazon with a free Prime trial. If you already used your trial, just make a new email. Although after looking up your filters, they are even more expensive than O'Reilly ($11+?!?)
21.gif
. But the master packs and cases of 12 are decent. Brings it to ~$5-6 per filter. I need to recheck mine now to make sure they didn't go up to $11+, I just ordered a bunch a few weeks ago for ~$5 each for several in my fleet.

And after reading your sig, you definitely have great taste... A Termi Cobra?
20.gif
(Sometimes I miss my '04 GT)

For the past 11 years I've needed the same "somewhat rare" cartridge filter dlundblad's wife uses so I've been buying them from the European parts places in Connecticut and Oregon.

The ridiculous prices dreamed up by auto parts stores illustrate the benefit of planning ahead and buying online.

Once and only once I asked a younger, hep manager if he'd give me the Volvo filter as part of an OC special. Finding the filter was unexpected enough and when the manager waived the premium I was floored.

T'was the only time I used a non Mahle, Hummel-Mann or Hengst filter.

For my FXT, I still have a bunch of the Tokyo Roki 15208AA170 WRX filters that I bought on Amazon for a good per unit price some time ago...that deal is long gone now.
These won't fit comfortably into the "cup" in my daughter's Impreza and I ending up buying half a dozen of the blue Frams that one finds at Subaru dealers for her. She has a Wix 57055 on her car right now, rushed over to O'Reilly to pick it up after the Subaru dealer parts counter closed earlier than I expected and the box from Amazon was late to arrive...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Linctex
What is your go-to filter for every vehicles 1 oil filter 1 oil change..

Whatever I bought on Rockauto for $1.08 .... which is about all I ever pay for their "close-out" oil filters

Amen to that. I'm getting close to using the last of my Federated-branded, Hastings-built oil filters that I got from RockAuto a couple of years ago. I think I ordered about 50 of them at one purchase.
When my wife see's what her mom pays for a single oil change at the dealership, she understands.

Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi
I ending up buying half a dozen of the blue Frams that one finds at Subaru dealers for her.

Are those similar to the Fram made blue Honda oem? They look exactly alike.

Switch to M1 oil and most any decent filter and your good for 10K OCIs. The oil you use is far more important than the filter you use,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back