$50 dollar "Ferrari" oil filter cut open (not a bitoger)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that well made, as it use the lowly nitrile material ADBV.
I do like the signature unique Purflux accordion media. I almost tried to get a Purflux because of that. They are a little hard to get in the states. And, yes, when you associate it with a Ferrari, the price goes up by 700%.

In the late 60's and 70's AC Delco used to advertise that fold on their filters which increased the filter area.

Originally Posted by oil_film_movies
Not that well made, as it use the lowly nitrile material ADBV..

How do you know that, because its black? AFAIK they do make black silicone, some Bosch even use white.

Pleats were interesting. Not the normal straight pleats I have seen. Not sure if it is paper or synthetic material but it sure looked paper like.

Purflux or something . In the 1990s Cat used those filters on their forklifts

I'd like to see that metal center tube on the AC Delco, Fram, Wix, etc filters. Lots of good sized holes for oil flow.

Even if it is nitrile... how many Ferrari owners are going to be driving their cars in weather where nitrile would be at a disadvantage to silicone? I'd bet that count is less than the fingers on one hand. Nothingburger....

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo

Even if it is nitrile... how many Ferrari owners are going to be driving their cars in weather where nitrile would be at a disadvantage to silicone? I'd bet that count is less than the fingers on one hand. Nothingburger....

Silicone takes heat better too ... doesn't get hard with time and heat.

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
An $9 filter for $50. But remember you can afford a Ferrari you're going to pay for the name if it's better or not.

It is better.

"Looks like any other oil filter on Earth" ... not really.

It does look very well made ... but not $50 worth well made.

And he's looking for debris on the clean side of the media ... yeah, it better be clean on that side - lol.

The shiny particles down deep inside the pleats was probably from his engine, not from debris from hack sawing it open.

I'll bet that is a nitrile adbv same a s a lot of cheap filters, when they get old they just do not hold and when you start the car that is a long term problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back