Best E-Coated Rotors?

Well, Centric E-Coating not only covers the rotor hats but also the rotor vents or edges on non vented rotors where many other brands don't. AC Delco also has a clear coated rotor that covers the whole rotor even the rotor facing where the brake material makes contact. And the brake pad just wear off that facing/coating during normal driving.

I paint my own rotors often covering the whole rotor and then let the pads wear off the paint on the surface.

If you can get Centric Premium High-Carbon Steel rotors? They are the best. Highly touted. Very reasonably priced as well.

Wagner's coated rotors are the best! They are a great choice.

Originally Posted by Char Baby
Well, Centric E-Coating not only covers the rotor hats but also the rotor vents or edges on non vented rotors where many other brands don't.

Wagner does, too
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Phishin
If you can get Centric Premium High-Carbon Steel rotors? They are the best. Highly touted. Very reasonably priced as well.

I have set of of those on the front of my Volvo plus the Centric Posi-Quiet semi-metallic brake pads, and it's all good.

Originally Posted by painfx
Looking to get something that is not made in China.

I mentioned earlier that the Wagner's are possibly made in Brazil by Fremax. Only way to know is ask the sellers.

Originally Posted by Char Baby
AC Delco also has a clear coated rotor that covers the whole rotor even the rotor facing where the brake material makes contact. And the brake pad just wear off that facing/coating during normal driving.

I think the consensus is is that the AC Delco (and NAPA) versions are just private-labeled rotors from Raybestos' RPT line. The Raybestos units are less expensive too.

I put these on my wife's car and am going to be putting them on mine soon. Your comment about the entire rotor being covered and only getting the pad-contact area worn off is correct. That's an oversight with "painted" rotors - they leave the entire pad face unpainted but no brake pad covers that entire area. What's left unpainted and not contacted by the pads will rust and isn't that (part of) the point of these rotors ?

Good luck with that.

I've previously purchased the Wagner E Coated, they are nice. However as noted similar to other "painted" rotors, unpainted areas rotor surface can show some rust. Fully "coated" rotors address that issue, Raybestos RPTs being one. I tend to agree with previous postings that the ACDelco and Napa coated are the same. RPT's are lowest cost. All mentioned are made in China.

R1 Concept brakes rotors machined in canada and USA. Have a set of E-line on my Ram and a set of their GEOMET carbon rotors on the Mustang.Them seem to be of excellent quality. Probably cast in china...

IMG_20181101_171832401.jpg

Originally Posted by Sayjac
Good luck with that.

I've previously purchased the Wagner E Coated, they are nice. However as noted similar to other "painted" rotors, unpainted areas rotor surface can show some rust. Fully "coated" rotors address that issue, Raybestos RPTs being one. I tend to agree with previous postings that the ACDelco and Napa coated are the same. RPT's are lowest cost. All mentioned are made in China.

So the raybestos the one I listed is fully coated? They look like they would rust over time. But I am all ears..

Originally Posted by ddtmoto
R1 Concept brakes rotors machined in canada and USA. Have a set of E-line on my Ram and a set of their GEOMET carbon rotors on the Mustang.Them seem to be of excellent quality. Probably cast in china...

The power stop i listed is also GEOMET. But not sure about the quality and the rust prevention.

…..So the raybestos the one I listed is fully coated? They look like they would rust over time. But I am all ears..
Links don't go to specific rotors just general RA cat listing. As noted, in Raybestos "fully coated' including pad surface are the RPTs. Looks like the Advanced Tech is thier painted rotor. Unlike Centric Prem and Wagner E coated, vanes and outer diameter don't appear to be painted. Not having seen them up close can't confirm that.

Originally Posted by Sayjac
…..So the raybestos the one I listed is fully coated? They look like they would rust over time. But I am all ears..
Links don't go to specific rotors just general RA cat listing. As noted, in Raybestos "fully coated' including pad surface are the RPTs. Looks like the Advanced Tech is thier painted rotor. Unlike Centric Prem and Wagner E coated, vanes and outer diameter don't appear to be painted. Not having seen them up close can't confirm that.

On the E Coated Wagners, the vanes are painted including the hats. Only the surface is not.

Back