Mobil 1 SAE 5W-20 (API SN PLUS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oil from Costco
[Linked Image]

Thanks for sharing. Moly is certainly higher than in other grades.

Originally Posted by buster
Thanks for sharing. Moly is certainly higher than in other grades.

Thanks for sharing. Maybe it has something to do with the SN Plus certification.

Mobil 1 always used the tri-nuclear moly. You don't need nearly as much of it for it to be effective.

This looks like a really good formulation. I haven't been a huge fan of M1, but after seeing this I'm going to give their 5W-30 SN+ a go at my next OCI.

I went with this on my latest fill. I like the HT/HS of 2.75, SA of .85 and it appears, based on this VOA, they boron and moly are a bit higher.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
No year, make, model, mileage run, mileage of vehicle..... nuthin'.

It's a VOA
smile.gif

Thx for sharing!
Just poured in their SN plus 5w30 EP, based in this VOA it's going to be real good!

Good choice. The moly is around 2.8 times what it typically was in the API SN version.

I went with this on my latest fill. I like the HT/HS of 2.75, SA of .85 and it appears, based on this VOA, they boron and moly are a bit higher.

I went with the SN+ 5W-30 for my latest OCI. I really like this makeup of this add pack. The 3.1 HT/HS is nothing to shake a fist at, either.

The SN plus formulas look really good. I was under the impression that M1 already met the d1g2 standard with their SN formulas so I'm surpried they changed it. I have asked before if anybody knows for sure if the early versions of Mobil 1 AP SN 5w20 met d1g2? I picked up a lot of it at the AZ clearance and would like to know if it can be used in my brothers small DI turbo?

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
I returned my M-1 5W30 SN back to Walmart.They will give you a store credit.
I now have the M-1 SN Plus D1/G2 for my GDI.

Good move.

http://pqiadata.org/QuakerState_5W20.html?utm_source=Copy+of+April+5%2C+2019&utm_campaign=4%2F15%2F2019&utm_medium=email

The new QSUD 5W20 is VERY close to this, but with a better TBN

I don't think you can go wrong with any current SN Plus d1G2 certified 5W-20 oils. But if you want exemplary volatility and top notch TBN, QSUD fits the bill as seen in PQIA's recent VOA of it, EDGE, VSHM, ST Syn, and M1AP. This oil is on par with the best oils out there, regardless of it's excellent everyday retail price.

http://pqiadata.org/QuakerState_5W20.html

Capture.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back