Anybody using DEKA Ultra AGM batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious if anyone has tried DEKA/EAst Penn AGM batteries. My local parts store just started carrying them after dumping their JCI branded batteries and I'm curious about their quality?

Good batteries. I sell them at work and unless you get an old stock one that's been sitting for a year (happens a lot, they aren't hot sellers since most people don't wanna shell out $190 for s battery) it'll last a long time.

At my previous job we used to buy the deep cycles ones for our power equipment that I sold and they were very durable.

Last edited:
Deka batteries are excellent quality
smile.gif

I just bought 2 Daka Intimidator AGM batteries for my Dodge Ram pickup. I hope the batteries last a long time, since they were $190/each.

They seem to have great cranking power.

It's too early to tell for me to say whether I am better off with AGM batteries.

The last battery experiment with the Optima batteries was a real letdown. My first two Optima batteries lasted 10 years and we're still working when I got rid of the cars using them. Those two batteries were purchased around the year 2000.
The later Optima batteries only lasted two years at best. Something seems to have caused a decline in quality in the newer Optima. And, they got stupid expensive during the decline.

My traditional lead acid Deka battery in my Toyota pickup is still going strong after roughly 6 years. Great experience with the Deka made batteries so far...

EP/Deka are great batteries. Sears Die Hard also carries them just make sure the product number starts or ends with EP and not JC ditto Walmart depending on your location it may or may not be.

I have a 2006 MB Diesel group 49 AGM battery. It is Sears Diehard Gold was told it is Johnson Control. Battery in Mercedes battery last easy 10 years due to location usually under rear seat or Trunk ( my 4th MB Diesel).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back