Micro surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had micro surgery last Tue. the 6th. on my lower back. Came home from the hospital last evening. Mostly pain free and can walk again after laying on my back since early May. My legs are rubberie and will take some physical therapy, but they work again. Woo-Hoo!!
thumbsup2.gif

Was it herniated discs? I have 3 discs that are herniated in my back and causing problems because I also have spinal stenosis and Osteoarthritis so I would be interested in any more details you can provide.
thumbsup2.gif

Glad you are doing better.

Originally Posted by StevieC
Was it herniated discs? I have 3 discs that are herniated in my back and causing problems because I also have spinal stenosis and Osteoarthritis so I would be interested in any more details you can provide.
thumbsup2.gif

Stenosis. Massive! On the main nerve bundle that passes through my pelvis. Both legs. Surgeon said he just don't see stuff like that. Was reluctant to operate on an 81 y/o man. This is the 3rd operation on my lower back since 2004. Still have 2 crushed disks in my neck to get fixed. Have already had 3 vertebra fused and one disk repaired repaired in 1999 and 2000,

Was born with a lot of spinal stenosis . Have had neck, back and leg pain all my life.

One of my dearest friends is an Eye surgeon out in Florida and I have been able to observe some Retina surgeries I think they are considered a micro surgery. . They are amazing as they do minimal damage to surrounding areas. Get better Oldmopar1 guy! As bad as needing surgery is, we are lucky that these procedures have been developed and used by so many brilliant people.

I am happy for you. Here's wishing you continued success!
I had 2 joints fused in my ankle/foot (and more) 3 weeks ago.
Glad the hard part is over. 1 more month and I can start to put weight on it and start therapy.
All good.

Again, best to you and others who have stuff going on.

From a fellow BITOGer with similar lower back issues (stenosis, arthritis, bad discs, sciatica and a few other things that I can't even pronounce) I wish you a speedy recovery. I'm glad to hear all went well and you're on the mend.

We're fortunate that we live at a point in history where these medical procedures are available to us. Please give us an update in a few weeks.

Originally Posted by Oldmoparguy1
Originally Posted by StevieC
thumbsup2.gif

Stenosis. Massive! On the main nerve bundle that passes through my pelvis. Both legs. Surgeon said he just don't see stuff like that. Was reluctant to operate on an 81 y/o man. This is the 3rd operation on my lower back since 2004. Still have 2 crushed disks in my neck to get fixed. Have already had 3 vertebra fused and one disk repaired repaired in 1999 and 2000,

Was born with a lot of spinal stenosis . Have had neck, back and leg pain all my life.

I feel for you. Literally. It's the worst debilitating pain to have to put up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back